Travel Registered Nurse (RN) - PACU/Pre-Post Op
Company: Medely Inc
Posted on: March 16, 2023
50 mile radius rule
MUST HAVE ICU EXPERIENCE FOR THIS JOB.
- # Beds 20 beds in main OR, 8 beds in Wiser tower, 8 beds in Batson tower: all areas take both inpatient and outpatient
- Phase 1 and Phase 2? yes, need to be competent in both.
- Ratios 1:2 phase I (could be higher if patients are recovered and waiting on inpatient beds), 1:3 phase II.
- Required Certifications (i.e., BLS, ACLS?) ACLS BLS, NIHSS.
- Common Cases PACU recovers everything except for open hearts (CABG, valves, aortic reconstructions) do not recover liver transplants. All other inpatient surgical procedures are recovered in PACU. Trauma, transplants Lots of ortho trauma, general, laps, neuro/cranis, plastics, complex ENT.
- Experience or 'Must have' skills previous ICU experience, (if they have worked PACU that was ICU overflow and held
ICU patients that would be ok) they will have to hold ICU patients at times. Level 1 or 2 trauma center and transplant
experience preferred, very high acuity patients. Need to be comfortable with drips, vents, sedation.
- EMR: Epic.
- Charge Nurse/House Supervisor? Does the charge nurse take an assignment? charge nurse M-F during the day, they typically do not take patients but can if needed.
- Are there nurse aids on this unit/Ratios techs.
- RT Equipment (vents, Cpap, BiPap, etc) vents, bipap.
- ICU patients - do they recover in PACU? Yes.
- RNs read strips? RNs to monitor all tele and read strips.
- Shifts & Scheduling (Do you allow self-scheduling? Block scheduling?) Mix of shifts, typically for travelers they will
work 410s evening shift (11a-9p)
- Weeknight/Call Requirements 1 overnight every 2 weeks (call from when your shift ends until 7a)
- Weekend/Call Requirements will work weekends scheduled shifts 7a-7p. will also take 2 weekends of call in 2-3
month period, weekend call Friday night until Monday morning.
- Holiday/Call Requirements will be in rotation for scheduled shifts on holidays.
- What is call response time? 30 minutes.
- Floating Requirements are expected to do preop after 6pm and on weekends, will be trained how to do that. PACU is
expected to be able to float to all periop units preop and pacu.
- Scrub Color/Dress Code any solid color scrubs, scrub machine with hospital laundered as needed.
- Unit/Department specific orientation 2 shifts, 3rd if needed 50.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Basic Life Support (BLS), Driver's License, Mississippi State RN License, Registered Nurse License, Skills Assessment: PACU RN, Tuberculosis Screening
Medical, Dental, Visison, 401K
50 mile radius rule
Keywords: Medely Inc, Jackson , Travel Registered Nurse (RN) - PACU/Pre-Post Op, Healthcare , Jackson, Mississippi
here to apply!