General Manager- JCC
Company: Oak View Group
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Oak View GroupOak View Group is a sports and entertainment
company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena
development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance,
sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications,
conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is
headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout
the world.OverviewThe General Manager is responsible for overall
management, promotion, and operation of the facility, including
construction, purchasing, policy formulation, booking, marketing,
finance, food and beverage, box office, advertising, security,
production, maintenance, and related operations. Give direction to
each department, as needed, through each departments
- Maintains active contact with the Client/Contract Administrator
and ensures compliance with all provisions of the services
- Aggressively promotes the use of the facility to maximize its
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
the Client/Contract Administrator, boards, tenants, government -
departments and agencies, entertainment/convention industry,
community and civic organizations to encourage continual and
regular use of the facility.
- Assures the coordination, implementation and administration of
specific plans and programs prescribed by corporate - directives,
to include: matters of training and development; quality assurance;
energy efficiency; safety/emergency procedures, crowd control and
crisis management procedures, or other areas as needed.
- Develops and implements facility goals in accordance with the
management contract, the Client's objectives, corporate policy, -
and good business practice.
- Prepares and maintains required and necessary reports/records
for the Client/Contract Administrator and for the -Corporate
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs all activities and
personnel engaged in maintaining and operating the facility.
- Assists and coordinates with the development of the annual
operating calendar, activity schedules, projections for attendance
- Negotiates lease agreements as determined necessary and in the
best interests of the facility.
- Negotiates contracts and agreements with promoters, event
organizers, hosts, managers and agents.
- Conducts weekly staff meetings -
- Directs the development and administers the execution of
operating and marketing plans, financial plans and documents; to
include, operating revenue and expense budgets; capital expense
plans and budgets.
- Provides guidance of day-to-day operations; assuring the
coordination of plans, programs and events; conducts post-event
operational and financial review and analysis.
- Provides final approval of all contracts and agreements with
suppliers, promoters, and lesees for necessary activities and
services at the Convention Center.
- Oversees and advises Human Resources on any necessary
modifications to the staffing plans, including number and types of
employees, essential functions, salaries, and benefits.
- Assures the administration of personnel and the operation of
plant and facilities are conducted in accordance with applicable
local, state and federal regulations.
- Evaluates facility practices and recommends improvements to
better reflect the needs of the Client and the facility, and/or to
improve the efficiency and safety of operations, in compliance with
policies and procedures.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, supervising, and
evaluating administrative and supervisory staff.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
the employees, union representatives, community, and the general
public.Supervisory Responsibilities:Manages and coaches Directors
and Managers who supervise employees in the Finance, Marketing,
Operations, Sales, Food & Beverage Departments, or other facility
departments. Responsible for shaping the overall culture,
direction, coordination, and evaluation of the team and facility.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, and
coaching employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;
appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in
conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and
resolving problems. -Qualifications
- Minimum 5+ years of venue management in a convention center or
other similar facility
- Strong leader and with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential
information is required
- Ability to work simultaneously with a broad variety of vested
interest groups and to foster a cooperative environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices used in
the successful management of convention facilities of a similar - -
- - -description
- Ability to anticipate problems and implement immediate
- Ability to perform effectively under significant pressure
typically associated with meeting the demands and timetables of the
- Significant knowledge of event solicitation and presentation,
public relations, advertising and media relations and event - - - -
- Considerable knowledge of safety regulations and other federal,
state or local laws and regulations
- Strong emphasis towards hospitality/customer service for the
meeting, convention and entertainment industry
- Knowledge of facility operating standards, building
maintenance, custodial, personnel and office management
- Solid and effective supervisory skills. Ability to deal
effectively with human resource and personnel problems; to deal - -
- - -constructively with conflict; to motivate, provide counsel and
execute applicable solutions
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university or
equivalent work experiences
- Proficiency with data processing and MS Office
- Ability to work nights, all events, weekends, and holidays as
requiredStrengthened by our Differences. United to Make a
Difference.At OVG, we understand that to continue positively
disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a
diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity
drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service,
and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating
environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in
which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed
to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.Vaccination
StatementWe are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office
locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams,
employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S.
and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get
vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. - -Should circumstances
change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole
or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests,
performers, athletes, and partners.EEOOak View Group is committed
to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against
employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized
basis (protected class) including, but not limited to veteran
status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic
information or any other protected class under federal, state, or
Keywords: Oak View Group, Jackson , General Manager- JCC, Executive , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!