Bridge Engineer - Transportation Market
Company: Gresham Smith & Partners
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Our transportation team helps improve the connectivity of the
community through solutions that support the safe and efficient
movement of goods, services and people.
Our Transportation Market - Bridge Group is excited to add to their
growing team in one of our offices along the Gulf Coast region.
* Design and project manage bridge projects for public clients at
the local, county or state level.
* Support client contact, marketing and the design team.
* Plan, develop, and coordinate bridge engineering design projects
with technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing,
executing and coordinating assignments.
* Maintain relationships with individuals within or outside the
organization with responsibility for acting independently on
technical matters pertaining to the bridge design projects.
* Provide mentoring, supervision, and overall leadership to the
* Knowledgeable in using industry accepted engineering and bridge
* Perform calculations and act as technical advisor to less
* Perform bridge inspections for routine and complex bridge
structures, prepare reports, and coordinate with other team
* Develop scopes of work, project hours and schedules.
* Check accuracy of completed work.
* Travel to collect field data, conduct reviews, monitor
construction progress, conduct client meetings, and participate in
public hearing or interview presentation.
* Bachelor's degree in Civil/Transportation/Structural Engineering;
Master's degree preferred.
* Minimum of 4 years experience in bridge design; strongly prefer
up to 8 years experience; Strongly prefer LADOTD or MDOT
* Professional Engineering licensure, P.E. or ability to sit for
exam within 1 year is required.
* NHI Certification at a Team leader is required. NHI certification
for underwater bridge inspection or Fracture Critical Steel
inspection is preferred.
* Preferred experience would include project work on complex
structures as well as finite element analysis.
* Experience with seismic analysis and design is preferred..
* Prefer experience with Alternate Delivery Projects.
* Microstation and/or AutoCAD, as well as bridge software
experience is required.
* Bridge inspection experience/certification is preferred.
* Strong written and verbal communication and collaborative
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Gresham Smith is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is
proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national
origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification
protected by law.
Gresham Smith will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters,
headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment
agencies. An executed GRESHAM PLACEMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT (PSA) is
required prior to any payment obligation for either a referral or
recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume
or candidate without a previously executed PSA, GRESHAM SMITH
explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those
candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial
obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such
unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including
those submitted directly to GRESHAM SMITH S hiring managers or any
other employee, shall become the property of GRESHAM SMITH upon
Keywords: Gresham Smith & Partners, Jackson , Bridge Engineer - Transportation Market, Professions , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!