Bridge Engineer - Transportation Market
Company: Gresham Smith & Partners
Posted on: March 15, 2019
Our transportation team helps improve the connectivity of the community through solutions that support the safe and efficient movement of goods, services and people. Responsibilities:
* Design and project manage bridge projects for public clients at the local, county or state level.
* Support client contact, marketing and the design team.
* Plan, develop, and coordinate bridge engineering design projects with technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating assignments.
* Maintain relationships with individuals within or outside the organization with responsibility for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to the bridge design projects.
* Provide mentoring, supervision, and overall leadership to the design group.
* Knowledgeable in using industry accepted engineering and bridge design software.
* Perform calculations and act as technical advisor to less experienced engineers.
* Perform bridge inspections for routine and complex bridge structures, prepare reports, and coordinate with other team members.
* Develop scopes of work, project hours and schedules.
* Check accuracy of completed work.
* Travel to collect field data, conduct reviews, monitor construction progress, conduct client meetings, and participate in public hearing or interview presentation.
* Bachelor's degree in Civil/Transportation/Structural Engineering; Master's degree preferred.
* Minimum of 4 years experience in bridge design; strongly prefer up to 8 years experience; Strongly prefer LADOTD or MDOT experience.
* Professional Engineering licensure, P.E. or ability to sit for exam within 1 year is required.
* NHI Certification at a Team leader is required. NHI certification for underwater bridge inspection or Fracture Critical Steel inspection is preferred.
* Preferred experience would include project work on complex structures as well as finite element analysis.
* Experience with seismic analysis and design is preferred..
* Prefer experience with Alternate Delivery Projects.
* Microstation and/or AutoCAD, as well as bridge software experience is required.
* Bridge inspection experience/certification is preferred.
* Strong written and verbal communication and collaborative skills.
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Gresham Smith is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Gresham Smith will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. An executed GRESHAM PLACEMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT (PSA) is required prior to any payment obligation for either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously executed PSA, GRESHAM SMITH explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to GRESHAM SMITH S hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of GRESHAM SMITH upon receipt.
Keywords: Gresham Smith & Partners, Jackson , Bridge Engineer - Transportation Market, Professions , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!