Electrical System Studies Engineer - Team Contributor 3
Company: Commonwealth Associates
Posted on: May 22, 2023
The PE Certified Engineer - Team Contributor 3 performs all aspects
of conventional design engineering and analysis, and is familiar
with a variety of engineering concepts, practices, and procedures.
This role may act as a technical specialist or expand knowledge in
other disciplines and/or functional areas. This role provides
technical guidance on projects of low to medium complexity, and is
also responsible for developing, validating, and presenting
- Continues to learn and develop knowledge and skills in
departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable
engineering codes, and Commonwealth Associates policies and
procedures. Applies this knowledge to assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of industry knowledge and
remains current with changes.
- Provides guidance and direction on departmental standards,
policies and procedures.
- Applies developed understanding of and compliance with
Commonwealth Associates quality program to associated
- Fully understands and complies with Commonwealth Associates
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
by proactively presenting leadership with new suggestions around
process and practices innovation, and by assisting with the
implementation of improvements with guidance from more senior
- Actively seeks to understand client interests and drivers
through project related client contact and through interaction and
communication with project leadership.
- Attends and at times leads internal and external client
meetings, conference calls and client site visits.
- Communicates client interests and drivers to project team and
develops approaches to meet these interests and drivers throughout
the work on less complex projects.
- Support Business Development by providing technical information
for sales proposals, or by pursuing other related activates as
assigned by department managers.
- Supports internal project teams and clients, regularly
interacts with client's technical lead for data requests, site
visits, clarification of project execution and review of
- Communicates directly with other disciplines to identify and
coordinate details of work for assigned tasks, or at project level
for smaller-scale projects.
- Coordinates tasks and proper sequencing of tasks with internal
staff, project managers and clients.
- Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for
equipment and/or materials selection.
- Prepares a variety of engineering deliverables such as contract
documents, project documents, and studies with little to no
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard
methods and principles.
- Recognizes, defines, and seeks to resolve problems within
assigned area or project.
- Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality
requirements. Demonstrates understanding of project phases,
schedules and schedule recovery as it pertains to engineering
production and deliverables.
- Provides input during planning of project resources and assists
managers in resource planning activities.
- Reports to supervisor when planned hours do not provide full
- Assists with contract administration or project management
administrative duties in connection with project work as
- Completes expense reports and timesheets in a timely and
accurate manner and seeks direction from supervisor when conflicts
- Assists in the development and production of project scope of
work packages (scope, schedule & budget) for assigned
- Remains aware and demonstrates understanding of project scope
Master's Degree in lieu of 1 year of experience.
3-9 Years of the following:
- Familiarity with PSCAD, PSS/E or TARA
- Experience delivering 3-5 multifaceted engineering system
studies projects simultaneously.
- Experience with advanced technical studies, such as, Microgrid
Protection Coordination, Power flow, Harmonics and Reactive
- Overseeing technical aspects of projects and providing guidance
and mentorship to project resources.
- Ability to discuss project findings with the client and present
results to the industry at conferences.
EducationBachelors of Engineering (required)
Licenses & CertificationsProfessional Engineer (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Commonwealth Associates, Jackson , Electrical System Studies Engineer - Team Contributor 3, Professions , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...