Demand Planner (Remote)
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job SummaryThis role in our Critical Materials team is a Buyer /
Planner role, with focus on both Procurement and Planning. Works
independently under close supervision, responsible for procurement
of assigned items and executing buying strategies in accordance
with agreed upon material buying plans at the optimum cost/quality
relationship. Analyzes market and industry conditions and develops
supply recommendations. Strong relationships with Sales, Customers
and Suppliers.Location: Remote/VirtualMAJOR JOB DUTIES AND
- Key owner of the supply chain actions for Critical Customer
- In conjunction with Sales Reps, owns and resolves the daily
tactical supply chain issues such as backorder resolution,
specialized purchasing, open order expediting, lead time
management, supplier production issues, etc.
- Assists in supplier planning sessions in support of company
goals and objectives.
- Manages planning for specialized products. Supports new
stocking request, product launches, product promotions, or
- Proactively analyzes and makes suggestions to the planning team
with regards to replenishment strategies to optimize inventory
- Identifies and corrects Supply Chain constraints (disruptions
in supply) by acting as liaison between Sales, Customer Service,
Warehouse and Suppliers.
- Expedites, cancels /defers and ensures system generated and
manual purchase orders are aligned to support Customer need dates
and communication throughout the organization as required.
- Evaluates suppliers based on capability, performance and
- Proactive reviews to prevent/minimize stock-outs; accountable
for timely resolution of supply chain issues.
- Works with suppliers to improve delivery dates and lead
- Works with peers to manage supply chain standard operating
procedures and create new documents when needed.
- Embraces innovation. Stays alert to opportunities to make
processes better and contributes innovative ideas for improvement.
May lead process improvement projects
- Performs other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
- College degree preferred in Supply Chain Management, Business,
Logistics or other applicable discipline and/or comparable work
- 2-5+ years working in a procurement capacity and/or enterprise
level planning experience.
- Experience with APO or similar forecasting tools highly
- APICS/CPIM certification preferred.
- Global Supply Chain experience a plus.
- Formal problem solving training desired, i.e. Six
SigmaKNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in MS office suite (Excel, Access, Word).
Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets; Strong system
- Understanding of forecast and replenishment theory, obtained
through APICS or similar training coursework.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, experience in a
matrix environment desirable.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, focus
oriented with attention to detail.
- Solid knowledge and practical use of Forecasting and Inventory
Planning tools; i.e. Logility, SAP, or equivalent. Mentor Buyer
team.ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT:Typically
works in an office environment with adequate lighting and
ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.Work
assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to
resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve
problems.A frequent volume of work and deadlines.Minimal physical
effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require
walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects
that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.DISCLAIMER:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.EEO
Statement:We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer.
We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed,
national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state/province, or local law. If you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the employment process, please
contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case
basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for
reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email
address.For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.EEO is the
LawOFCCP EEO SupplementPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION
PROVISION3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:By submitting candidates
without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a
specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with
the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the
submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and
conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will
take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on
its needs and will not be accepting any form of
solicitation.Colorado and New York Equal Pay Transparency:Avantor
is committed to equitable compensation practices. The compensation
range for this role is:$57,300.00 - $95,400.00Final compensation
for this role will be determined by various factors such as minimum
and preferred qualifications, knowledge, skills, abilities,
education, experience and location.
Keywords: Avantor, Jackson , Demand Planner (Remote), Professions , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!