Posted on: January 24, 2023
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Under general supervision, the Warehouse Laborer will manually move
freight, stock and other materials. The Warehouse Worker will
ensure safe and accurate receipt, storage, and shipment of food and
• Manually load and unload freight in temperature controlled
warehouse and other locations as directed by management
• Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate
• Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of
merchandise to be shipped.
• Check or count freight for accuracy and/or damage and
• Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
• Conduct operations in a manner, which promotes safety.
• Participate in physical inventories, as needed.
• Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking.
• Comply with OSHA standards.
• Comply with Company safety procedures in the workplace.
• Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work environment.
• Perform other duties as assigned, may be required to perform
duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time,
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Requires ability to work independently
• Must be able to work varied schedule including weekend and early
• Requires the ability to pay close attention to details, and meet
• May work overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete
work or to attend meetings, as directed and authorized by
• Tools and Technology Required: Computer
• Able to work in spaces with 55 inches of headroom
• May be required to tolerate working environment with inside
controlled temperatures of -15 degrees Fahrenheit and outside
ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation)
• Must tolerate heights up to 30 ft. and be able to access elevated
products from inside safety cage
• May stand to rebuild pallets with products. Requires tolerance of
standing posture up to 5 hours, over an 8-hour shift
• Must transfer boxes weighing up to 55 lbs. from ground level to
80 inches in height and up 70 lbs. to 50 inches in height
rebuilding pallets. Lifting and carrying product a distance of 6
ft. without mechanical assistance.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Keywords: Americold, Jackson , Warehouse Laborer, Professions , Forest, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!