Company: YAK ACCESS
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Columbia (YAK MAT) - Columbia, MS
4 Year Degree
YAK ACCESS is one of North Americas leading providers of
right-of-way access solutions. From pipelines to power lines to
civil projects, we offer unmatched expertise in total access
planning, clearing, site work and restoration services. When
customers choose YAK ACCESS as their access company, they're also
choosing North Americas largest supplier of access mats and
products for building temporary or permanent roads, which means
they can be as confident in their materials as they are in their
These end-to-end solutions are delivered by an experienced,
reliable team who place a priority on safety, environmental
sensitivity, cost, and timeliness. In short, YAK ACCESS goes the
extra mile to ensure our clients projects are successful.
At YAK and our business units, we bring operational excellence
regardless of industry or location. Our culture is as top-notch as
our service, and our employees work together like a family. We have
been ranked by our employees as one of the Best Places to Work in
Mississippi in the Mega-Large Division for the last three years in
The Estimator is responsible for estimating temporary access for
projects in the power line, pipeline, and general construction
industries. Estimators must develop a comprehensive understanding
of Yak Mat and Yak Access services, as well as our customers
businesses and their needs. The estimating process includes access
planning and design, quantifying materials, and accurately
identifying all costs associated with executing a project. An
understanding of current and future company goals and objectives,
and the role of estimating in achieving those goals, is also
In addition to working closely with Sales, Finance, and Operations,
the Estimators responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Solicit pricing from material vendors and freight vendors.
- Prepare written proposals and respond to customer and salesman
- Coordinate with other team members to develop overall estimates
on larger projects.
- Ensure estimates are complete, well organized, and ready for
review by management.
- Develop project schedules to ensure projects can be completed
to meet owner requirements and that company resources are used
- Develop innovative means and methods for completing projects to
increase competitiveness and margins.
- Maintain records on all submitted pricing and proposals.
- Coordinate with trucking companies and site supervisors about
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Minimum 2 year college degree with one to three years
experience in cost estimating is preferred.
- Manage multiple estimates, meet critical deadlines, prioritize
daily activities, work well under pressure and multitask.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications including Excel,
Word, and PowerPoint is required.
- Must be well-organized and methodical.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal,
written, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in mathematics, statistics, and data analysis.
Dealing with Ambiguity: Maintaining productivity and quality during
times of significant change; reacting to situations of sparse
information; handling customer situations with high levels of risk
or uncertainty; providing guidance when no clear policy, corporate
governance, or best practices exist; responding to sales campaigns
where customer communication is infrequent
Judgment / Decision Making: Reacting when under time or other
pressures; weighing conflicting goals and commitments and making
decisions based on core values'; exhibiting wisdom in counseling
Adaptability: Thriving in a company environment of rapid change;
reacting to and leading management initiatives; understanding and
taking the 'customer view'; accepting change to business/personal
Communication: Must have exceptional interpersonal skills, written
and verbal communication, to work with customers, salesmen, and
coworkers in all levels of organization.
Internal Partnering: Relating to peers on a personal level;
cooperating with peers; joint problem solving; responding to
accolades; handling peer conflict.
Keywords: YAK ACCESS, Jackson , ESTIMATOR, Professions , Columbia, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!