Strategic Account Manager
Company: YRC Freight
Posted on: November 26, 2022
JOB SUMMARYResponsible for ensuring the Pod provides the highest
level of service for its assigned portfolio of customers. The SAM
will collaborate with sales, operations and finance teams.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze weekly Pod level financial and service target
reporting. Lead weekly Pod meetings & daily stand-ups.
- Daily collaboration with the CAE, Logistics Engineer & Pricing
- Responsible for Customer Satisfaction and Retention including
executing progressive account reviews (QBRs), build and maintain
KPI reports with the Logistics Engineer, effectively promote our
YRCW and Logistics Solutions capabilities/services to drive organic
- Participate in the development of business plan forecasts,
budgets, account deliverables, etc.
- Manage pricing expectations and performance, to include RFP and
- Monitor customer performance (growth / decline) and provides
- Responsible for customer site visits, new account/location
onboarding & training.
- Provide successful implementation, work cross-functionally with
sales and other shared services to provide seamless integration for
- Build and monitor customer Service Level Agreements.
- Support execution of customer Freight Optimization & Compliance
- Become an expert on all necessary YRCW systems to include CRM.
Collaborate with IT team to enhance customer experience.
- Stay current with industry related news and share with
- Help to manage the lead process in CRM including lead follow up
and compliance with CAE & IAE.
- Utilize thorough knowledge and experience with the customer and
their industry to address and resolve customers supply chain
- Champion consumer-centric culture inside and outside the Inside
- Establish rapport across the OpCo DCs and Terminals,
effectively work with them to drive excellent customer service,
freight tracking and dispute resolution.
- Use performance improvement techniques and principles to
continually improve transportation services for customers.
- Understand and manage applicable financial components of
- Collaborate with Account Transition Specialist team to ensure
at-risk territories and key relationships are recognized and
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing
major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g.,
people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to
change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and
collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate
interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with
customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way
that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in ones
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a
team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and
concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help
them understand and retain the message; listening actively to
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for
learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning
opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job
and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work
goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required;
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self
and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for
successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing
standards of excellence rather than having standards
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you
and your family
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k Retirement PlanMINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors Degree in a related field preferred but not
- Demonstrated analytical, business planning and problem solving
- A minimum of three (3) years of operations or industry
- Knowledge and experience in PC and Mainframe applications.
- Extensive Customer Service experience and demonstrated history
of proactive problem solving.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- MBAWORKING CONDITIONSThis job operates in a professional office
environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such
as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax
machines.PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe position requires the ability to spend
long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and
computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and
keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of
supplies and materials is required.Yellow Corporation, along with
all subsidiary companies, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action EmployerRequisition ID : 2565
Keywords: YRC Freight, Jackson , Strategic Account Manager, Professions , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!