Contract Administrator / General Construction
Company: Century Construction
Posted on: November 23, 2022
*Century Construction Group*, Ridgeland, Mississippi is looking
for an experienced, self-motivated, and skilled Contract
Administrator to join our Team! Century Construction Group is an
industry leader that has a solid name and reputation.
*Contract Administrator - General Construction*
Provide oversight and administration of contracts through office
work directly related to the general business operation of the
employer or the employer's customers.
* This job requires the exercise of discretion and independent
judgment with respect to matters of significance
* Welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone;
answering or directing inquiries.
* Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine
inventory level; placing orders for supplies; verifying receipt of
* Ensure operation of office equipment by scheduling maintenance;
calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories.
* Prepare, distribute, and collect correspondence, memos, and
* Make travel arrangements and prepare registration for business
and conference travel.
* Provide administrative support to the assigned division.
* Responsible for the preparation and administration of contractual
documents and proposals.
* Maintain detailed and organized audit files for each project, to
include original contract, all correspondence, changes/deviations,
amendments, clarifications, and payment schedules.
* Track authorizations and correspondence.
* Ensure that contractor, subcontractors, and suppliers are in
compliance with company policy, owner specifications, and
* Coordinate bidding process; order plans and contract documents;
maintain bid calendar; prepare bid proposals.
* Prepare and submit billings.
* Follow up to guarantee contractual payments have been made.
* Review, challenge, and analyze project invoices, ensure accurate
coding and capturing of costs.
* Resolve cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing
* Ensure prior to releasing final payable to contractors and
suppliers that lien releases and all close-out documents are in
* Respond to questions and/or provide advice regarding licensing
policies, procedures, or state regulations.
* Maintain records, prepare, and submit licensing correspondence,
applications, and permits.
* Develop marketing materials, compile and format proposals and
* Represent the Company at conventions and meetings as
* Operate a computer and word processing software and other
standard office equipment.
* Type accurately at a speed necessary to meet the requirements of
* Interpret, apply, explain, and reach sound decisions in
accordance with laws, regulations, rules, and policies.
* Communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
* Manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities.
* Maintain highly sensitive and confidential information.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to
stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle or feel; and reach with
hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to
10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
*Expected Hours of Work*
This is a full-time position.
Occasional travel may be required; a Motor Vehicle Report will be
run if travel is ever expected.
No Special license is required for this position.
*Required Education and Experience*
High School Diploma or GED
Two years of office experience
*Preferred Education and Experience*
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Policy of our company is to provide equal employment
opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or
status as a protected veteran; and to affirmatively seek to advance
the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that
applicants and employees covered under Executive Order 11246, as
amended, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Vietnam Era
Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended by the
Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, are not discriminated against due to
their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or
status as a protected veteran.
As President and Chief Executive Officer, I affirm that the above
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy and the Affirmative Action
Program executed simultaneously herewith reflect the Company's
attitude and its intention to:
* Recruit, hire, train and promote for all job classifications
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
disability, or status as a protected veteran.
* Ensure that all other personnel actions such as compensation,
benefits, transfers, terminations, company-sponsored training,
educational tuition assistance and social and recreational programs
are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Employees and applicants shall not be subjected to harassment,
intimidation, threats coercion or discrimination because they have;
(1) filed a complaint; (2) assisted or participated in an
investigation, compliance review hearing or any other activity
related to the administration of any federal, state or local law
requiring Equal Employment Opportunity; (3) opposed any act or
practice made unlawful by any federal, state or local law requiring
equal opportunity; or (4) exercised any other right protected by
federal, state or local law requiring equal opportunity.
The Company in compliance with Executive Order 11246, as amended by
Executive Order 11375, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the
Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as
amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, maintains a written
Affirmative Action Program. The Affirmative Action Program is
maintained in the Human Resources Department and is made available
to prospective employees and employees upon request, during normal
Overall responsibility for directing and implementing the policy
enunciated herein and the Company's Affirmative Action Program has
been assigned to the HR Manager, who serves as the Company's
Affirmative Action Officer. The day-to-day responsibilities have
been assigned to the HR Manager, who serves as EEO Officer.
All personnel actions will be analyzed to ensure that the Equal
Opportunity Policy and the Affirmative Action Program are being
properly implemented and annual reports will be submitted to me so
that I may monitor progress.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,143.62 - $75,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
Century Construction takes the health and safety of our Team
Members seriously. We meet or exceed all safety regulations as set
out by OSHA and the CDC.
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Ridgeland, MS 39157: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Century Construction, Jackson , Contract Administrator / General Construction, Professions , Ridgeland, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!