Senior Operations Supervisor (Supply Chain/Logistics)
Company: Penske Logistics
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Senior Operations Supervisor (Supply Chain/Logistics)(Job Number:
Provide operational leadership to individual contributors and
hourly workforce to ensure the execution of daily tasks and
activities including driver deliveries, loading/unloading of
trailers, cross docking and customer service operations in a manner
consistent with company services and cost objectives. Supervises
most processes directly including workforce and equipment
scheduling. Responsible for making corrective action and
disciplinary decisions up to written warning level. Involved in the
hiring process and customer meetings as necessary. Reviews truck
runs based on location of accounts, volume, costs, customer
requirements and private fleet utilization. Review daily orders for
additional private fleet opportunities based on above
Salary: $70-75,000 + position is bonus eligible up to 12% of base
- Communicate performance standards that are specific and
measurable, Interview hourly associates and provide recommendations
for hire, Monitor attendance, productivity, and other performance
markers and provide counseling and/or recognition to associates as
- Supervise logistics operations including customer service,
freight loading and unloading, dispatch and proper documentation
and procedure control, Evaluate and recommend changes in preferred
work methods to increase productivity of dispatch/warehouse
operations. Assist in new associate training, Provide relief
coverage for operational duties when associates utilize time-off or
are absent from the shift, Have a thorough working knowledge of the
site's operating systems in order to ensure operational compliance
and correct exception resolution, Complete all necessary records
and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures such
as inventory accuracy and control, returns, damages, etc,
Understand the relationship between decision-making and
profitability, Closely manage associates' working hours and
activities to minimize overtime and to meet or exceed productivity
- Ensure day-to-day management and associate activities are in
alignment with the location safety strategy, Provide associates
with communication, training, feedback, and direction to ensure
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and
company policies and procedures.
- Understand the location-specific customer goals & objectives,
Ensure the customer knows that we are committed to helping them
meet their objectives, Determine areas that could benefit from
Continuous Improvement efforts.
- Properly plan work assignments to ensure effective use of
fleet/warehouse equipment, Work with hourly associates to ensure
they understand safe and efficient operation of equipment.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 2 - 4 years related functional experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills are
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel,
Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
- The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management.
Keywords: Penske Logistics, Jackson , Senior Operations Supervisor (Supply Chain/Logistics), Professions , Ridgeland, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!