Posted on: September 21, 2022
Eatons Aerospace Division is currently seeking an Electrical
Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson,
Mississippi facility. Position Overview: The Jackson facility has
approximately 550 employees and is a leader in the design,
development, manufacturing and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic
components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM
markets. The Electrical Test Engineeris responsible for the design,
development, programming and qualification of automated test
procedures and testing systems to evaluate current and future
commercial and military hydraulic products; supervises the
construction and maintenance of all hydraulic testing systems;
drives continuous improvements in production, quality and safety
while driving improvement through the framework of the Eaton
Business System (EBS). In this function you will:
- Design, document, configure, and implement complex test
procedures as required on component level test standsto evaluate
current and future commercial and military hydraulic products.
- Program Test Stands using National Instruments LabVIEW, AB
RSLogix and Microsoft Visual Studio VB and C# to test hydraulic
pumps and motors.
- Provide superior internal and external customer service
covering a wide variety of requests for general to specific
information about thedesign, development, and operation of
automated test equipment.
- Recommend and advise plant management regarding the buying of
new test equipment, altering present equipment and rearranging or
moving present equipment.
- Work closely with our Safety department to identify and
maintain all test safety equipment in top working order.
- Leverage state of the art tools, methods, and processes to
improve and create common test systems, methodology, and core
technical competencies across Test operations.
- Program and maintain various test stand software operating
systems and Automated Test Procedures.
- Analyze data, provide insight, and report out on performance of
tests and specimens.
- Perform failure analysis, investigate, and troubleshoot issues,
coordinate with cross functional team to ensure project objectives
- Prepare/review documents including cost estimates, project
schedules, design and instruction specifications, operating
manuals, and technical reports.
- Develop and improve lab procedures and advise product
engineering as to test anddesignproduct improvements.
- Work with product and test engineering team to design,
assemble, andconduct tests to evaluate current and futureproducts.
QualificationsRequired (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an Engineering and
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate
sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware
which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of
ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent
Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only
candidates within a 50-mile radius of Jackson, MS will be
considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are
exempt from the geographical area limitation. Position Criteria:
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing, Logic Design, Feedback
Control Systems, Electric Motors, Electromagnetic Theory,
Electronics, Signals and Systems, and Automation and Control.
- Strong skills and experience programming in key software
programs such as Visual Studio.Net VB and C#, SQL Server or
- Comprehensive knowledge of electronic controls, hydraulics,
computer networking, Allen Bradley Control Logics,
variable-frequency drives, PLCs, control wiring and AutoCAD.
- Extensive familiarity with Industrial and Electrical
Engineering including understanding of theory involved in
electrical power circuits, pneumatics, hydraulics, axial piston,
and centrifugal pump circuits and building construction Preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Access, Microsoft Project
- Proven capability to lead change in a team environment
- Strong project management and process improvement skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results
- Process oriented and ability to contribute to continuous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills #LI-RK3 We
provide benefits that are industry-competitive and focused on
employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered
globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at
participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching Eaton considers qualified applicants
regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To
request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you
in your job search, application or interview process, please call
412-893-3600 or send an email to:
AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com What you will get from usEatons
mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment
through the use of power management technologies and services. We
provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively
manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more safely, more
efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton
takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an
environment where creativity, invention and discovery become
reality, each day. Its where bold, bright professionals like you
can reach your full potentialand where you can help us reach ours.
Eatons 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to
customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000
employees.We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our
employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest
power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight
of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to
practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the
tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse
and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that
bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or
background. In the past year, our company has received top
employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost
fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are
stronger.We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with
the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the
companys operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical,
passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to
learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve
the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes
that our employees embody.We are committed to ensuring equal
employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees.
Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless
of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status,
genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status
protected by law.Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Keywords: Eaton, Jackson , Electrical Engineer, Professions , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!