Posted on: June 22, 2022
Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business.
Founded in 1926, we continue to be an industry leader in providing
products and solutions used in all industrial automation assembly,
manufacturing, and commercial & contractor applications. Irby
Electric continues to be one of the largest electrical distribution
companies in the southeastern region of the United States, with a
geographical footprint of 28 branches, spanning 7 states, composed
of over 400 highly dedicated associates. - Our business has
experienced incredible growth in recent years due to our focused
business strategy, digital transformation, and customer-focused
solutions. - As an operating company of the Sonepar USA family, we
unite with a group of the finest locally managed electrical and
industrial distributors throughout the United States. - Sonepar is
the world leader in electrical distribution. The District Pricing
Analyst plays an important role in the development and execution of
Irby's district pricing strategies, working collaboratively with
the District Manager(s), Branch Manager(s),Corporate Pricing and
sales team. - Developing comprehensive pricing scenarios execute
selected strategies; determine sell-side price, setting and
analyzing data to develop continuous improvement toward pricing
behaviors in order to achieve district sales and billing margin
goals and objectives. - - Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and
external customers, while developing and maintaining procedures
focused on pricing accuracy and profit maximization
- Analyze/manage pricing execution, to include data integrity and
- Act as a District level resource to provide training related to
various aspects of pricing and the IPMT tool to all applicable
- Support the Corporate Pricing Team in achievement of goals and
- Provide analytical pricing support for district as needed
- Acquires and continuously develops personal knowledge of
merchandise items and computer operations to assist other company
- Monitors pricing overrides - recommend actions.
- Work with the I/S department to develop and test programming to
better manage item records.
- Train employees in the use of the pricing system.
- Works with the I/S Department to develop and test programming
to calculate selling prices and to develop reports for tracking
price changes at the point of sale.
- Work with salesmen to review and modify pricing entries as
- Prepares reports, including charts and graphs, as necessary to
summarize and analyze activity.
- Coordinates pricing information from vendors and other sources
to determine the market levels.
- Plans and schedules tasks over the short and long range to
determine priorities and assign work. - Minimum Qualifications
- Fundamental understanding in pricing structures and
- Ability to teach and help others professionally
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- High (Intermediate/ Advanced) level of proficiency in Microsoft
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and set priorities
- Must have the ability to set priorities, manage a diversity of
job responsibilities with effective organizational skills, and work
- Knowledge of the standard methods, practices and procedures
employed in the acquisition of inventory and pricing of items.
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory and pricing maintenance and
- Knowledge of purchasing and requisitioning practices and
- Knowledge of records keeping as employed in a purchasing and
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in the use of personal computer/software.
- Ability to effectively communicate and follow oral and written
- Ability to analyze data and draw sound conclusions.
- Ability to formulate and present recommendations and implement
- Ability to prepare and present oral and written reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain records keeping and through
effective application of systems.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations with speed and
- Ability to conduct pricing matrixes
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with others. Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university;
and at least four years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience. EOE
Keywords: Irby, Jackson , Pricing Analyst, Professions , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!