Company: YAK ACCESS
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Logistics Coordinator- Competitive Salary - Madison, MSThe
RoleDo you possess an associate degree in business, supply chain
management or similar field? Do you have a minimum of 2+ years'
experience in logistics management? If so, we have an exciting new
challenge for you.We are leading providers of total right-of-way
access solutions, looking to appoint a Logistics Coordinator to be
responsible for the daily activity of shipping and receiving timber
mats and equipment. You will be responsible for promptly resolving
distribution issues. Providing quotes, pick-up, and delivery of
freight for purchase orders. Ensure a cost effective supply of
trucking contractors. Monitor freight movement, communication with
drivers, and all other aspects of dispatching.Key
Responsibilities:The key responsibilities of a Logistics
Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Logistics point of contact for NEW SOUTH.
- Responsible for freight provider procurement activities in new
and established areas of service, including (but not limited to):
- Identification, vendor qualification, price / rate
negotiations, ensuring lowest cost provider is used on a
- Coordinating transportation providers to ensure prompt and
proper movement of timber mats and equipment.
- Requests and reviews purchase orders and quotes to ensure
- Making special shipping arrangements as necessary.
- Tracking and fixing shipping errors.
- Managing logistics budgets.
- Ensuring that the quality of all services provided meets the
- Developing processes that make the distribution of mats and
equipment more efficient and organized.
- Communicate with subcontractors to achieve profitable deals and
- Recruit and coordinate subcontractors according to
availabilities and requirements.
- Managing daily KPIs and reporting those out to stakeholders
involved.The CompanyNew South is one of North America's leading
providers of right-of-way access solutions. From pipelines to power
lines to civil projects, we offer unmatched expertise in total
access planning, clearing, site work and restoration services. When
customers choose New South as their access company, they're also
choosing YAK ACCESS North America's largest supplier of access mats
and products for building temporary or permanent roads-which means
they can be as confident in their materials as they are in their
project plan.At YAK and our business units, we bring operational
excellence regardless of industry or location. Our culture is as
top notch as our service and our employees work together like a
family. We have been ranked 2nd by our employees as one of the Best
Places to Work in Mississippi in the Mega-Large Division for the
last three years in a row. The PersonThe key skills and qualities
of a Logistics Coordinator:
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities.
- Quick critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good collaboration and team work abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use computers, software and other technology for
inventory and communication purposes.If you are keen on joining
this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in
your career, then please click the apply now button to find out
Keywords: YAK ACCESS, Jackson , Logistics Coordinator, Professions , Madison, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!