Posted on: November 22, 2021
SUMMARY Leads a functional team in producing a complete bid
proposal. Additionally, leads buy-out efforts when applicable.
- Reviews and incorporates historical data from prior estimates,
purchase agreements and subcontracts in order to gain information
for current bids.
- Reviews contract documents and attends pre-bid meetings to
determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Provides technical support to personnel preparing estimates for
- Oversees estimators in soliciting subcontractor/vendor pricing
- Coordinates the design process in preparation for the D/B
- Develops main summary, general conditions and small business
goals/values for proposals.
- Coordinates with estimators in preparation for bid day.
- Coordinates with Proposal department for development of
technical portion of proposal submissions.
- Ensures that bid documentation is logged and filed after bid
- Negotiates and writes major subcontracts and purchase
- Oversees estimators in negotiating and writing subcontracts and
- Develops, prepares and maintains buy-out budgets, including
small business goals.
- Coordinates with Scheduling Department during bid to develop
summary schedule, and post-award to assist with the assignment of
dollar values to scheduled tasks. REQUIREMENTS
Education/Experience: Minimum high school diploma/GED and ten-years
of construction-related experience required or Four-year degree in
related field and seven years construction-related experience
preferred. Experience sought in multiple construction delivery
methods to include: Design-Bid-Build, Design-Build, Construction ,
JOC, and MATOC. Certifications, Licenses, etc.: Current clearance,
or the ability to obtain, a Department of Defense minimum secret
security clearance required. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office suite, including Word,
Excel and Outlook. Experienced with estimating software. Strong
verbal and written communication skills. Ability to train, mentor
and lead Estimator I & II employees. Demonstrates a complete
understanding of RFP and contract document requirements. Must be a
self-starter. Demonstrated ability to develop a preliminary project
schedule during the bid stage. Must have a thorough understanding
of all construction divisions and general construction knowledge.
Ability to travel related to the bid and proposal process required.
ADDITIONAL INFO This position is based at the Caddell Corporate
Office in Montgomery, AL. Relocation for qualified candidates will
be provided. Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer
veterans, disability, and other protected classes under applicable
laws and regulations.
Keywords: Caddell, Jackson , Senior Estimator, Professions , Clinton, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!