15B Aircraft Powerplant Repairer - Jackson
Company: Army National Guard
Posted on: January 12, 2019
15B Aircraft Powerplant Repairer
Job ID: 1055844
Job Views: 16
Location: JACKSON, Mississippi, United States
ZIP Code: 39209
Job Category: Aviation
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
If you're looking for a career in the aircraft repair and maintenance field, then join the Army National Guard and watch your future take flight. Your work will keep Army airplanes and helicopters in top shape to support training, rescue, humanitarian, security, or combat missions.
As an Aircraft Powerplant Repairer, you will inspect, service, and repair turbine engines, parts, and electrical components on Army aircraft to ensure that they remain safe and ready to fly transport, patrol, and flight training missions.
* Maintain engine assemblies and engine systems
* Diagnose and troubleshoot malfunctions
* Perform limited maintenance operational checks
* Use and maintain common/special tools
* Prepare requests for turn-ins and repair parts
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
* Repair of hydraulic, fuel, and electrical systems
* Engine disassembly, inspection, and repair
* Repair of aluminum, steel, and fiberglass airframes/coverings
* Preference for mathematics and shop mechanics
* Ability to use hand and power tools
* Working with engine mechanics
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with aircraft manufacturers, commercial airlines, and government agencies.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for Soldiers in the Aircraft Powerplant Repairer specialty consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, plus 18 weeks of Advanced Individual Training. During this time, you'll learn essential Soldiering skills and refine your aircraft repair abilities in the field and the classroom.
* Paid training
* A monthly paycheck
* Montgomery GI Bill
* Federal and State tuition assistance
* Retirement benefits for part-time service
* Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
* 401(k)-type savings plan
* Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
* Health care benefits available
* VA home loans
* Bonuses, if applicable
* Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
* Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
* Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
* Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
* Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
Keywords: Army National Guard, Jackson , 15B Aircraft Powerplant Repairer - Jackson, Other , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!