Company: Franklin Medical Center
Posted on: May 25, 2023
-POSITION: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
ADMISSION CLERKDEPARTMENT: - - - - - - - - - HOSPITAL REGISTRATION
-FLSA STATUS: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NON-EXEMPT -JOB
SUMMARY: The primary purpose of your job position is to obtain
required information and admit patients in an efficient manner, in
accordance with established policies and procedures, and as
directed by your supervisor. -JOB RELATIONSHIPS: - - - - - - - - -
- - Responsible to: Hospital Registration Supervisor - - - - - - -
- - - - - Positions Directly Supervised: - - None - - - - - - - - -
- - Regular Contact with: - - All hospital personnel and the
public. -MISSION STATEMENT:As an integral part of our community,
Franklin Medical Center's mission is to provide the highest quality
health care and customer satisfaction to all those we serve. We are
committed to delivering compassionate, capable, and personalized
treatment to our patients and their families, always keeping in
mind that our responsibility is to the health needs of the people.
-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:Listed below is an outline of the major
duties and responsibilities that you will be required to perform.
As an admitting clerk, you are delegated the authority,
responsibility, and accountability necessary to perform your
- Receive and follow work schedule/instructions from your
supervisor and as outlined in our established policies and
- Assist in interviewing residents/guardians and obtaining
required information and signatures.
- Assist in the orientation program for residents/personnel in
accordance with our established policies and procedures.
- Admit and prepare identification records for residents in
accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain an accurate record of available beds.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents in accordance with
established policies and procedures. - Assure that each admission,
discharge, death, and transfer for the previous day is properly
recorded on census reports. - Accurately record patient numbers on
census. - Notify accounts receivable clerk and medical records
immediately if an error is found in patient number and make the
correction on all documents with the wrong number. - Deliver copy
of census to required hospital departments no later that 11:00 a.m.
- Furnish the administrator a copy of the patient roster no later
that 8:30 a.m.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with
inter-department personnel, as well as other departments within the
- Assist in recording all incidents/accidents. - File in
accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care
information to assure resident rights are protected. - Release
information in accordance with established policies.
- Obtain the resident/guardian's signature on all required
permits, releases, authorizations, etc.
- Maintain a current listing of all residents, their level of
care, and assigned room numbers. - Provide copies of such listing
to Nursing Service, Administrative Personnel and etc., as
- Report all unsafe /hazardous conditions, defective equipment,
etc., to your supervisor immediately.
- Ensure supplies have been replenished in work areas as
- Attach preadmission documentation to admission papers as
- Attend and participate in in-service educational classes and
on-the-job training programs.
- Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, etc., as
- Perform secretarial duties as necessary.
- Assure that residents' rights to fair and equitable treatment,
self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil
rights, including the right to wage complaints, are followed.
- Assure that work/assignment areas are clean and records, files,
etc., are properly stored before leaving such areas on breaks, end
of work day, etc.
- Assist in developing procedures to ensure records are properly
completed before filing.
- Collect, assemble, and check admission papers. - Forward to
- Notify Nursing Service when the resident has arrived. - Obtain
the resident's assigned room number. - Place on all necessary
- Forward completed medical records to the Medical Records
department as appropriate.
- Maintain a record o authorized information taken from records
I.E., type information, name of recipient, date, department,
- Abstract information from records as authorized/required for
insurance companies, Medicare, etc.
- Notify Nursing Service when the resident has arrived at the
facility to assure that a member of the Nursing staff escorts the
resident to his/her assigned room.
- Maintain various registries as directed including register for
admission and discharge of residents.
- Explain to the resident, and/ or guardian, room rates, billing
procedures, visitor/guest privileges, restrictions, resident care
procedures, etc., as appropriate.
- Explain the deposit requirements on admission. - If the
patient/responsible party is unable to pay the deposit (except
emergency cases) refer the person to the business manager.
- Notify Nursing Service and call for assistance, as necessary,
if resident is disturbed/violent on admission or if resident shows
symptoms of infectious/communicable disease.
- Refer admission problems to proper authority, I.E., office
supervisor, credit manager, nursing service, etc.
- Ensure resident's valuables are inventoried and deposited or a
"release from responsibility" form is signed in accordance with
established police and procedures.
- Maintain a resident waiting list in accordance with established
policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of current Medicare/Medicaid regulations governing
admission/discharge requirements of health care facilities.
- Maintain daily and monthly census report as directed.
- Maintain current records of all residents admitted/discharged
by this facility in accordance with established policies and
- Perform miscellaneous duties and assist business office
personnel as required/directed.
- Assume the administrative authority, responsibility, and
accountability of performing the assigned duties of the admitting
- Other related duties and responsibilities that may become
necessary to assure that the needs of the facility are met.
-QUALIFICATIONS: -Education and Training: - - - - - High school
diploma or equivalent. -Work Experience: - Must be able to type
with speed and accuracy and use a 10-key calculator. - On-the-job
training provided in admission procedures. -Knowledge, Skills, and
Abilities Required: - Must be able to read, write, and speak the
English language. - Possess the ability to make independent
decisions when circumstances warrant such action. - Possess the
ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, visitors and
the general public. - Be a minimum of 18 years of age and of good
moral character. - Must be calm and level headed in emergencies. -
Must be well groomed and possess ability to work harmoniously with
other personnel. - Ability to minimize waste of supplies, misuse of
equipment, etc. - Posses the ability to seek out new methods and
principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing
admission practices. - Be able to follow written and oral
instructions. - Be knowledge in the use of computers, data input
and output, etc. - Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition
and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents, staff,
and visitors based on whatever maturity level they are currently
functioning. -Physical Requirements: - Must be able to move
intermittently throughout the day. - Have the ability to help
patients into wheel chairs and roll them to another department in
the facility. - - Must be able to speak the English language in an
understandable manner. - Must be able to cope with the mental and
emotional stress of the position. - Must possess sight/hearing
senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to
function adequately, so that the requirements of this position can
be fully met. Must function independently, have personal integrity,
have flexibility, and the ability to work effectively with other
personnel. - Must be in good general health and demonstrate
emotional stability. - Must be able to operate office, business and
accounting machines. -OSHA EXPOSURE CATEGORY: A Has exposure to
blood borne pathogens -Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Franklin Medical Center, Jackson , Admissions Representative, Other , Winnsboro, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...