Company: Ambition Prep
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Driven by our mission to ensure every child succeeds, the
founding teaching fellows will be responsible for ensuring all -
students are provided with the academic and character skills to
firmly position them on the path to college. Teaching - fellows
work alongside classroom teachers and develop skills in preparation
to take lead classroom positions. Joining - our team as a founder
provides a unique opportunity to help build the culture and legacy
of Ambition Prep as it becomes - an enduring and premier education
option for generations of students to come. - -Key
- Mow, edge, trim, and water lawns, fields and other turf
grounds; edge walkways; hoe and pull weeds and rake leaves; sweep
litter from walks, driveways and other assigned areas
- Plant, cultivate, prune, spray, fertilize and irrigate flowers,
trees, grass, hedges and shrubs; water various ground areas by hand
or by operating the irrigation system as required.
- Perform general grounds cleanup, including picking up and
removing paper, trash, trimmings and debris from grounds areas,
parking lots, playgrounds, athletic fields and other assigned
areas; empty waste receptacles; report need for repairs or unsafe
- Perform a variety of grounds maintenance work in the
preparation and maintenance of athletic fields and surrounding
landscape as assigned by the position; measure and mark with
appropriate marking materials or equipment to delineate the area of
play and restricting lines as prescribed and established by league
and sport rules; drag, repair, mow and edge baseball infield,
soccer field, football field and other areas as needed.
- Operate and maintain a variety of equipment such as mowers,
edgers, blowers, sprayers, trucks, backhoes, excavators, skip
loaders, tractors, trimmers, chainsaws, shears, trenchers,
grinders, and line marking machines; utilize standard gardening
hand tools; replace blades and fluids as needed; drive a vehicle to
- Apply pest control methods to eradicate weeds and other pests
according to established procedures as assigned.
- Assist with installing, maintaining and repairing irrigation
systems as assigned; adjust, repair and replace sprinklers; assist
with digging holes and trenches
- Assist with other grounds maintenance and repair activities
including tree removal, tree topping, fence repair, general
concrete repair and others as requested.
- Load, unload, haul and transport supplies, clippings, debris,
materials and equipment as required.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned - - -Desired and
Required Experience -
- Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school and
one year of gardening or grounds maintenance experience.
- A successful background check in compliance with state law,
- Health and safety regulations.
- Operation of hand and power tools and equipment used in ground
- Basic grounds maintenance procedures including mowing, edging,
raking and weeding. -
- Basic methods and materials used in controlling weeds and other
- Outdoor environment.
- Seasonal heat, cold or adverse weather conditions.
- Driving a vehicle to conduct work.
- Exposure to fumes, dust, odors, oil, grease and gas. -
- Heavy physical labor. -Compensation -Ambition Preparatory
Charter School offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate
with experience. Ambition - Preparatory Charter School is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, - religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or
ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy or veteran status.
-Disclaimer: This job description describes the general nature and
level of work being performed by individuals hired - into this job.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities and duties required. Ambition Prep - reserves the
right to change any or all content of this job description based on
Keywords: Ambition Prep, Jackson , Groundskeeper, Other , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...