Foreman-OH -Laurel, MS
Company: Chain Electric Corporate
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Foreman -OH -Laurel, MS -Job Summary: -The Foreman of a crew is
responsible for overseeing the construction, maintenance and
operation of electrical systems, to ensure assigned projects are
completed in accordance with design, budget, schedule and safety
considerations. - - -Reasonable Accommodations StatementTo perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be
made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide -leadership and direction to crews to ensure safe,
efficient, and quality -operations.
- Work with GF in estimating -worker requirements, equipment and
material, and develop "look ahead" -schedules. -
- Ensure crew follows GF's -schedule of activities in
construction and maintenance of customer -projects.
- Ensures work progress, -equipment, and construction sites are
safe, specifications are met, and -work is according to
- Ensures company and -customer tools and materials are secured
daily, safeguarding company and -customer assets.
- Consistently aware of -safety policies and guidelines and
ensures the crew is adhering to same.
- Seek GF's assistance -on problem solving to ensure most
effective and efficient technology, -techniques and equipment are
- Provide assistance to -workers engaged in construction or
extraction activities, using hand tools -or other equipment.
- Ensure requests for -repairs to equipment and machinery are
timely to allow cost effective -repairs, reduce work delays, and
ensure safe working equipment. -
- Assist GF in training -workers in construction methods,
operation of equipment, safety procedures -and best practices,
and/or company policies.
- Support General -Foreman/ Project Managers to meet company
goals and objectives.
- Work through the GF to -recruit qualified applicants and assign
classifications according to -demonstrated skills and abilities.
- Suggest or initiate -personnel actions, such as promotions,
transfers, or hires.
- Adhere to all Company -EEO, affirmative action, safety, quality
assurance programs. -
- Maintain positive -relationships with existing customers and
cultivate professional -relationships with potential
- -Minimum -of 5 years' experience working on and around
energeized high-voltage primary electric linkes (7.2kv minimum).
- Ability -to travel 100% of the time and at a moment's
- Possess at the least a valid CDL-B license
- Must -possess planning/organizational skills and ability to
delegate work in order -to schedule crew, assign duties, and ensure
completion of all projects -within required deadlines.
- Must -possess good mathematical skills in order to calculate
figures and -amounts. -
- Must be able to read and understand -technical information,
manuals, policies, procedures, work orders, -blueprints, and
- Must be able to deal with emergency -situations, hazardous
conditions, multiple priorities, frequent -interruptions, and time
- Must possess leadership skills to -provide guidance and
training to assigned personnel in a safe effective -and positive
- Must be able to understand and use -the English language, both
oral and written, to communicate information, -instructions, and
ideas to other personnel. -
- Must be dependable and trustworthy -Desired Skills &
- Completion of an apprentice program -or technical training as a
- Possess a valid CDL-A license
- Safe driving practices and knowledge -of state and local laws
pertaining to the operation of motor vehicles on -streets, roads
and highways -Chain Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without
regard to race, color, sex, age (40 and above), religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status or any other protected status where
Keywords: Chain Electric Corporate, Jackson , Foreman-OH -Laurel, MS, Other , Laurel, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...