Company: UniTek Global Services, Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
SDT-1104Drill OperatorBrookhaven, MS
Duties and Responsibilities
* Safely operates Vermeer drill equipment on jobsite which may
include but not limited to the following: directional drill,
backhoe/excavator, skid steer, and vacuum truck/trailer, possibly
* Responsible for daily maintenance required by the manufacturer
for proper operation.
* Responsible for weekly reporting of equipment hours.
* Restores and/or landscapes disturbed areas of the jobsite.
* Will develop and maintain a bore schedule.
* Responsible for the site set-up and clean-up.
* Load and unload tools, materials, and equipment on and off truck
* Setting up safety perimeter using signage, cones, and safety
barriers and flagging traffic when required.
* All other related activities.
Skills and Qualifications
* The incumbent must possess no less than one year of documented
experience utilizing similar drilling equipment.
* Ability to read prints and interpret utility maps and permit
drawings/applications to identify the type and size of underground
* Must be experienced with Vermeer drilling equipment and
understand their capabilities and limitations.
* Experience with drill set up and design processes.
* Ability to follow instructions.
* Basic ability to use small tools/hand tools.
* Ability to read and understand work orders, safety rules, and
* Must be able to proficiently use locators to safely identify
* Must have good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
* Must be very safety conscientious.
* Must be able to effectively communicate with crew, customers,
vendors, and permit entities.
* May be required to work overtime, after hours, weekends,
emergencies, and/or be on-call as work is needed to ensure the work
* A Class A CDL is preferred.
Keywords: UniTek Global Services, Inc., Jackson , Drill Operator, Other , Brookhaven, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!