Survey Operator- Laurel, MS*
Company: Scientific Drilling
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Scientific Drilling International is looking for a Survey
Operator to work in our field locations based out of Laurel, MS.
Scientific Drilling is an independent directional drilling and
wellbore navigation, surveying and logging Service Company serving
customers worldwide. Our industry leading navigation systems
provide definitive wellbore placement information, enabling safer
and more efficient placement of tightly spaced wellbores throughout
the world. We are motivated by crafting innovative and elegant
solutions to technically challenging problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for job pre-planning and mobilization.
* Develops and maintains positive relationships with clients to
ensure repeat work.
* Possesses required proficiencies for Survey services and must be
certified competent as a Surveyor.
* Ensures all logs, digital data, and reports are delivered to the
survey coordinator within standards.
* Effectively manages inventory and supplies required at the well
* Works diligently in assisting the initiation, investigation and
close out of Non-Conformance Reports.
* Provides supervision, training, and development of any Trainee
* Knowledge of the oilfield industry and Survey tools and
* Manages own personal development and maintains current
competencies described in the Education, Experience, Certification
and Training section.
* Provides pre-job and post-job support.
* Able to rig-up and rig-down at the well site.
* Able to prepare and troubleshoot Survey tools.
* Responsible for Survey listing generation and delivery.
* Works with shop technicians in checking and preparing Survey
equipment for the job.
* Responsible for generation of required reports.
* Participates in post job debriefings.
* Perform other relevant duties as required.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations.
* Pursues every job with drive and determination.
* Uses logic to solve problems with effective solutions.
* Is personally committed to continual improvement and customer
* Ability to communicate effectively with managers and peers, both
written and verbally.
* Able to understand and follow instructions.
* Presents self with professional appearance and behavior.
* Ability to multi-task.
Education, Experience, Certification and Training:
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
* 2- year Associates Degree or equivalent.
* Completion of SDI required HSE and skill level training or
Work Environment, Physical Job Requirements and PPE:
* Ability to walk, stand, sit ,kneel, push ,stoop, crawl, twist,
reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, climb
stairs and ladders ,identify colors, hear with aid, see, write,
count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, lift and carry 50 lbs and
over, perceive depth and operate a motor vehicle.
* Conditions include working inside and outside in all types of
weather. Working around moving objects, moving vehicles and
machines with moving parts. Working around radiant and electrical
energy. Working closely with others, working alone, working
extended or irregular hours and travelling by all possible modes of
transportation. Working environment may include but not limited to
excessive, intermittent or constant noise, fumes, smoke, gases,
grease, dust, oils and solvents.
* Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing the
essential job function include but not limited to computer and
related equipment, calculator, special instrumentation, forklift,
pallet jack, hand tools, power tools, air tools, telephone, and
automobile. Ability to wear proper personal protective equipment
(PPE), including but not limited to, safety glasses, hardhat,
reinforced toed shoes, coveralls, gloves & hearing protection.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
This job description describes the general duties and
responsibilities and physical requirements associated with the
position; it is not an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, or skills required for the position.
The general duties and responsibilities and physical requirements
associated with the position are subject to modification in order
to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some
physical requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or
risk to the health or safety to themselves or others.
This job description neither states nor implies that the listed
general duties and responsibilities and physical requirements
associated with the position are the only tasks expected of an
employee. An employee is also required to follow any other
job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks
requested by their supervisor and not in violation of any
applicable laws, regulations, or rules.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills, and abilities. To perform this job successfully, an
employee must possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each
duty, responsibility, and physical requirement proficiently.
Keywords: Scientific Drilling, Jackson , Survey Operator- Laurel, MS*, Other , Laurel, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!