Company: Belk, Inc. & Belk eCommerce LLC
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Receiving Lead Associate is a key member of the receiving
team and is responsible for multiple functions related to inbound
freight (processing and sorting merchandise cartons, coordinating
inbound parcel deliveries, recycling loads, etc.) The Receiving
Lead Associate assists the Production Supervisor and Receiving
Manager with optimizing the flow of productivity within the
department and generally sets the standard of workflow for hourly
receiving associates. Duties and Responsibilities
- Unload, stage, and/or process incoming freight, including
recycling materials, merchandise and other goods (either manually
or with specialized equipment).
- Motorized pallet jacks
- Cardboard baler
- Operate conveyor/sorter system to properly direct goods within
the facility, communicate best practices for conveying goods to
other Receiving Associates as needed.
- Inspect and validate cartons (manually or by using hand
scanner) prior to being received into the system.
- Ensure cartons are properly labeled; divert to clerk as
- Identify and separate damaged or wet cartons
- Document and report shortages
- Maintain accurate records of processed goods, trailers and
associate productivity. Sign for and secure freight bills as
needed. Prepare daily reports of these metrics for the management
- Assist the Receiving supervisor in coordinating incoming
shipments of freight and other goods.
- Work with Yard Switchers to efficiently manage trailers
- Assign workload to Receiving AssociatesAdditional
- Follow all established facility safety and security standards;
set the example for other Receiving Associates
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment; ensure all
equipment is in working order
- Special Projects and other duties assigned
- Support flexible shift as needed
Keywords: Belk, Inc. & Belk eCommerce LLC, Jackson , Team Lead, Other , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!