Quarry Heavy Equipment Operator Georgetown, MS
Company: CRH Plc.
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Job ID: 418819
APAC Mississippi, Inc., a CRH company, is a great place to work!
CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest
aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in
North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North
America and a leader in Canada. We have great employees that have
been with us many years - and hope that that track record of
longevity shows the pride we take in being one of the best places
to work in Mississippi! Come join our team - where you will receive
vacation, retirement and many other great benefits!
Quarry - Heavy Equipment Operator - Dozer/Track Hoe/Front end
Loader/ Haul Truck
This is a highly skilled position involving the operation of Heavy
Equipment in an open pit mine operation. Applicants must have at
least three years of experience operating equipment (ex: Haul
Truck, Motor Grader, Bulldozer, Excavator, Front End Loader).
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team
environment with other co-workers and managers.
* Safely and efficiently operate heavy equipment of various sizes
and weights used in pit and mining operations
* Report any problems to your manager.
* Operator will be responsible for a safe work environment for
themselves and co-workers.
* When working with co-workers, constant eye contact will be
maintained when backing, communicating using hand signals or other
* Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations
for safe working procedures and environment.
* Follow directions of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations
for each specific project or job site.
* Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major
problems to the Foreman.
* Perform daily pre-and-post inspections with appropriate
documentation in compliance with company policies.
* Assist in training less-experienced employees on the proper
operations, servicing and repair of equipment to further their
* Perform general labor duties when necessary.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
* Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background
* Pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work" physical.
* Able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration
* Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors and the general public at all times.
* Willing to travel and work away from home when required.
* Willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
* Report to work at the designated start time.
* Able to work overtime when required.
* Willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and
* Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined
in the Employee Handbook.
* Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
or supervisors with other duties as required.
* Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations
and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
* At least age 18 years of age due to nature of working
* Previous related experience in the construction field and/or
* Two to Five years' experience in loader operations preferred.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to
be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria
necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be
assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to
modification by the Company and its designers, and reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds
of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that
together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized,
diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company
environment while having the career opportunities of large
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the
first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be
brought to our official employment application. Please complete
your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our
system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day.
Thank you for your interest!
APAC Mississippi, Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and
Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this
Date Posted: Oct 3, 2022
Keywords: CRH Plc., Jackson , Quarry Heavy Equipment Operator Georgetown, MS, Other , Georgetown, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!