TEAP Counselor (PT) ($500 SIGNING BONUS)
Company: Adams and Associates, Inc.
Location: Crystal Springs
Posted on: November 22, 2022
POSITION SUMMARYResponsible to develop and facilitate the
Centers alcohol, drug and tobacco prevention program. Educates and
counsels students to reduce and prevent drug-related separations
from the program. Develops individualized case management plans to
enhance student retention and success. Ensures confidentiality of
sensitive information and compliance with all HIPAA
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no
manipulation of student data.
- Develops and implements alcohol, drug and tobacco prevention
activities and integrates services into Centers programmatic
- Develops and coordinates community resources for educating
students on substance use and abuse.
- Administers Centers drug testing program to promote a drug-free
- Responsible to provide students with comprehensive and
individualized case management ensuring student progress, retention
and completion of the Job Corps program. Establishes
supportive/mentoring relationships with students throughout their
enrollment and provides substance abuse counseling and
- Counsels students individually and in groups on substance
abuse. o Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely
and accurate manner. o Maintains appropriate personal attendance,
accountability and work productivity standards. o Plans,
prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete
all required job responsibilities.Proactively maintains the skills
required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as
required by the PRH.
- Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them
accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures
that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues
improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in
a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group
efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality
and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies
problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior
to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure
prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure
effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center
Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments
to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments
- Other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCEBachelors
degree from an accredited school preferred. A minimum of one-year
experience in drug/alcohol counseling or related field required.
Valid, active, unrestricted in-state License or Certification in
Substance Abuse Counseling/Prevention required. Regional approval
required."Adams and Associates, Inc. abides by the requirements of
41 CFR - - 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These
regulations prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals
based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with
disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals
based on their -race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
-Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors
and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in
employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability."
-This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
training. - -
Keywords: Adams and Associates, Inc., Jackson , TEAP Counselor (PT) ($500 SIGNING BONUS), Other , Crystal Springs, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!