Licensed Practical Nurse- LPN- Weekends- 28-$30 - Flexible shifts
Company: Millcreek of Magee
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Come join our team as a LPN at one of Mississippi's largest
providers for mental healthcare. If you are patient, and dedicated
to making a difference in the lives of those in need through
compassionate therapeutic practices while working in a team
environment that supports learning and growth, this position is
right for you.
- Provide guidance, and feedback to staff to facilitate smooth
- Provide direct resident care through utilization of nursing
standards accurately and in a timely manner.
- Follow policies, procedures, and medical/lab protocol for
nursing care and notify practitioner of results accurately and in a
- Implement infection control measures according to facility
policies and procedures accurately and in a timely manner.
- Report pertinent information and/or changes in the residents'
condition to practitioner, Director of Nursing, and/or on-call
nurse as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Provide resident, and family education as related to current
medication at administration and at Med Pass time.
- Participate in team conferences, staffings, and reviews as
- Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the
practitioner accurately and in a timely manner.
- Chart medication administration on the Medication
Administration Record and nurse's notes, if applicable, accurately
and in a timely manner.
- Order prescribed medication to ensure an adequate supply is
available at all times.
- Review Bowel Movement Records daily on second shift and
intervene per Routine Standing Orders.
- Assist in obtaining verbal/written consents for psychotropic
medications accurately and in a timely manner.
- Communicate with practitioner to report behaviors and obtain
orders for special procedures accurately and in a timely
- In a timely manner, document nursing care provided and maintain
appropriate records related to resident progress and incidents
(i.e., Incident/Accident reports, medical charts, worker's
compensation reports, etc).
- Transcribe practitioner orders accurately and in a timely
- Assist in the proper use of treatment modalities (i.e.,
Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, time away, close observation,
suicide precautions, elopement precautions, and one-on-ones.)
- Respond timely and appropriately in behavioral crisis.
- Provide care and/or conduct patient/resident interactions in a
manner appropriate for the age, culture, and population being
- When appropriate, complete medication discrepancy form and
notify doctor when they occur.
- Order replacement medications for the emergency drug kits as
they are removed to ensure appropriate amount is maintained.
Keywords: Millcreek of Magee, Jackson , Licensed Practical Nurse- LPN- Weekends- 28-$30 - Flexible shifts, Other , Magee, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!