TEAP Counselor (PT) ($500 SIGNING BONUS)
Company: Adams and Associates, Inc.
Location: Crystal Springs
Posted on: June 25, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY Responsible to develop and facilitate the
Centers alcohol, drug and tobacco prevention program. Educates and
counsels students to reduce and prevent drug-related separations
from the program. Develops individualized case management plans to
enhance student retention and success. Ensures confidentiality of
sensitive information and compliance with all HIPAA laws.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no
manipulation of student data.
- Develops and implements alcohol, drug and tobacco prevention
activities and integrates services into Centers programmatic
- Develops and coordinates community resources for educating
students on substance use and abuse.
- Administers Centers drug testing program to promote a drug-free
- Responsible to provide students with comprehensive and
individualized case management ensuring student progress, retention
and completion of the Job Corps program. Establishes
supportive/mentoring relationships with students throughout their
enrollment and provides substance abuse counseling and
- Counsels students individually and in groups on substance
abuse. o Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely
and accurate manner. o Maintains appropriate personal attendance,
accountability and work productivity standards. o Plans,
prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete
all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills
required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as
required by the PRH.
- Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them
accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures
that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues
improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in
a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group
efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality
and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies
problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior
to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure
prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure
effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center
Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments
to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments
- Other duties as assigned. - QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree from an accredited school preferred. A minimum of
one-year experience in drug/alcohol counseling or related field
required. Valid, active, unrestricted in-state License or
Certification in Substance Abuse Counseling/Prevention required.
Regional approval required.
Keywords: Adams and Associates, Inc., Jackson , TEAP Counselor (PT) ($500 SIGNING BONUS), Other , Crystal Springs, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!