Posted on: January 15, 2022
Title: Corporate Teller
Department: Retail Operations
Reports to: Retail Operations Manager
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-time
This position is responsible for providing back office transactions
and research support for the HOPE branches and members. The
position will also provide backup support for the HOPE Call Center
and serves as a substitute Member Service Rep. Confidentiality is
involved, and sensitive situations may be handled.
Primary and Essential Functions
- Perform accurate ACH and Draft daily processing.
- Process Remote Deposit Capture Items.
- Review, monitor and process Online Membership
- Provide member account research as per email request.
- Quality Control Review of new Membership Files.
- Daily processing the negative/charge off share
- Process loan charge offs.
- Daily processing of SEG Payroll Listings.
- Daily processing of transactions related to Socially
Responsible Investors and large depositors.
- Review and mail Share Certificate Maturity Letters and Renewal
- Create and mail Share Certificate Dividend Checks.
- Reconciliation/Check Request for Federal Backup Withholding GL
to Third Party Vendor for IRA Certificates.
- Issue RMD Payments as per report for IRA Certificates.
- Create and mail member Loan Coupons.
- Process wire transfers as per request.
- Maintain security over customer information.
- Process FRB Returned Deposit Item cash letters.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Process ATM and Debit Card Exception Reports and Cardholder
- Provide backup support for Card Services related email and
- Process email requests for Collection Department related
- Process email requests for Accounting Department related
- Process email requests for Mortgage Department related
- Provide backup support for the HOPE Call Center staff.
- Provide MSR branch staff support as needed. Process teller
transactions efficiently. Adhere to established cash handling and
- Perform general administrative duties such as attending
meetings, report production, typing, filing, etc.
- Open New Member Accounts as per request from other departments
or mail in applications.
- Adhere to all operational procedures as described in the Retail
Training Manual and other documents provided as training tools.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Knowledge of retail policies and procedures
- Ability to handle monetary instruments and make transactions
- Proficient in the use of word processor, spreadsheet, other PC
applications, or mainframe applications to produce non-standard,
- Ability to read and interpret documents, write routine reports
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and interpret
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent telephone manners
- Ability to travel to HOPE branches within company footprint
- Five plus years of experience in banking/credit union as Teller
or Member Service Rep
- Experience in banking/credit union back office
- Bachelors degree, business concentration preferred
- Cash handling and customer service experience
- Employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk.
- Employee will use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with
hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to travel and work in HOPE branches within company
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Hope, Jackson , Corporate Teller, Other , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!