Technical Service Project Chemist
Company: CF Industries
Location: Yazoo City
Posted on: October 13, 2021
About CF Industries:
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed
and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe
and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined
capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part
of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging
knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work
and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that
help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different
areas. You'll take pride in working for a company that lives its
values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an
authentic team that encourages you to share your views and
opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States,
Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage,
transportation and distribution network in North America, and
logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our
strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the
world's transition to clean energy.
AK0100AD Corp Tech Svc & Quality Prg-YZ, Exempt
Environmental, Health & Safety
This position will be responsible for performing laboratory
analysis and leading projects in support of Safe, Compliant and
Reliable operation of CF's Ammonia, Urea, Nitric Acid and Ammonium
Nitrate production facilities. This position will require extensive
instrumental and bench chemist activity as well as direct
interaction with Process Engineers and Chemists at all CF
Industries locations, terminals, and suppliers. The position will
produce monthly summary reports of activities. The position will
work closely with one or more chemists and chemical analysts. The
position will work closely with the Manufacturing Group Quality
Manager. Some North American travel to CF's manufacturing sites
will be required. This position requires a commitment to CF's
values of "Do-It-Right."
- Develop and lead analytical chemistry projects including
indirect supervision of one or more chemical technicians in support
of projects in the Technical Service lab.
- Will champion projects that result in development of new
analytical chemistry methods.
- Will represent CF on various Industry and/or trade association
Chemistry Standards Councils and Committees as required.
- Supports Engineers with process analysis and special sample
- Supports all site laboratories with implementation of new
Methods Development and Harmonization.
- Supports all site laboratories with Instrumentation
troubleshooting, training in operation, methods
- Supports Sales with special customer analytical requests as
- Reports and communicates progress on each major area of
responsibility to management.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Master's degree, Chemistry minimum, PhD, Chemistry highly
- Demonstrated Applied Analytical Chemistry or Industrial
Chemical Technical Laboratory support skills are required.
- Expertise with one or more of these; Gas/Liquid/Ion
Chromatography, UV/VIS and FT-IR Spectroscopy, SEM Microscopy,
Physical-chemical analysis, Calorimeters, other Advanced Analytical
Chemistry skills. Strong Chromatography skills considered essential
for success in this role.
- Petrochemical laboratory operating experience Highly Desired.
Success in this position requires the ability to understand CF's
core production processes and apply Analytical Chemistry skills to
support Continuous Improvement in these operating processes.
- Experience with materials characterization, bulk solids and
liquids characterization and contaminant isolation and
identification highly desired.
- Fundamental understanding of engineering principles valuable;
heat and material balance, heat transfer, solids mixing, blending
- Industrial bulk chemical experience highly desired
- Experience with Statistical Data analysis, data modeling,
and/or regression analysis techniques
- Excellent mechanical skills as many projects require design,
construction, assembly and maintenance of lab and/or pilot scale
- Strong oral and written presentation and communication skills
required including fluency with Microsoft office tools (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
This position is located in Yazoo City, MS with expectations to
travel throughout North America to perform necessary job functions.
This position will routinely interact with site lab supervisors to
resolve analytical chemistry problems at their respective sites,
identify and implement new and improved analytical methods, and
coordinate activity with contract analytical chemistry labs as
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF
Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the
application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Keywords: CF Industries, Jackson , Technical Service Project Chemist, Other , Yazoo City, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!