Site Procurement and Material Control Manager
Company: CF Industries
Location: Yazoo City
Posted on: July 19, 2021
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed
and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe
and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined
capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part
of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging
knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work
and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that
help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different
areas. You'll take pride in working for a company that lives its
values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an
authentic team that encourages you to share your views and
opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States,
Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage,
transportation and distribution network in North America, and
logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our
strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the
world's transition to clean energy.
AK0100AA4 Procure & Matrl Ctrl - Yazoo, Exempt
The Site Procurement and Material Control Manager leads the site
procurement and materials control team by supporting the strategic
direction of the company-wide function and building an organization
that will expertly execute procurement and material control
processes, all appropriately integrated with relevant business
functions. Promote strategic and operational guidance in the key
areas of company-wide volume aggregation and standardization,
supplier base optimization, and the development of cost-saving
synergies across all functions and locations. The incumbent
provides leadership in identifying and implementing best practices
in all procurement and material control processes, and builds
supportive internal and external relationships within procurement
and material control, with other functions, and at the plant
- Leads the site based procurement team to deliver to the long
term and annual goals of the procurement function in alignment with
the business and site specific plans.
- Serves as the owner of the procurement process at the site and
engages strategically to transform procurement processes and
increase accountability of procurement in alignment with the
- Participates in the long term strategic plan and the annual
goal setting process addressing the key areas of cost, safety,
risk, reliability, continuous improvement, technology adoption,
supplier innovation and service.
- Drives improvement in turnaround and capital project planning,
contracting and execution.
- Creates a highly collaborative procurement and materials
control culture by providing the appropriate level of
communication, governance and metrics.
- Understands and leverages knowledge of the company's and
competitor's products, industry trends, and superior business
practices, and integrates the same into procurement operations in
ways that achieve competitive advantage.
- Develops and executes the risk management plan that addresses
key risks in contract management, supply, supplier management and
- Enables and manages the capability improvement of the
procurement and material control team members in all areas of
leadership, behaviors and procurement competencies in order to
enhance business results and succession planning.
- Develops and implements key sourcing strategies at the site,
regional and potentially global level.
- Facilitates continuous engagement with the stakeholder
community in the procurement process and category management.
- Supports the "One Company" philosophy in all procurement
- Manages key supplier relationships in conjunction with
stakeholders to increase alignment and value generation between the
supplier and CF.
- Drives process standardization and optimization in procurement
strategies as well as within the areas of supplier management, risk
management, supplier qualification and the procure to pay
- Participates in site leadership meetings and support site
initiatives around safety, reliability and the community.
- Facilitates key interactions across the sites and with the
- Leads the procurement function at the site in pursuit of
sourcing strategies that increase productivity, improve supplier
performance and reduce costs.
- Ensures on-going efficiencies of the procurement and material
control functions by reporting quarterly on the progress being made
with regard to the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ensures appropriate communication and implementation of all
procurement related policies, practices and process improvements to
all affected employees.
- Coordinates and promotes the work of CF category and
- Ensures that inventory stock outs are optimally minimized and
provide leadership to facilitate cross-functional evaluation of the
appropriate level of spare parts inventory through the use of
various inventory control techniques.
- Manages the warehouse to ensure good safety processes are in
place; housekeeping standards are kept and best practices in
material control are implemented.
- Leads supplier qualification efforts including potential
introduction of new suppliers.
- Manages appropriate supply and service agreements, and
facilitate any necessary improvements to increase accuracy,
visibility and productivity and to ensure compliance to the
contract management and sourcing process and any applicable state
and federal laws and regulations.
- Segments supply base on the basis of impact and implements
supplier performance management and continuous improvement process
accordingly with appropriate KPIs and governance.
- Facilitates claim management including proactive mitigation and
- Establishes and implements processes and procedures to meet
departmental internal controls requirements.
- Ensures that established processes/procedures are followed as
- Works with Internal Controls Department to identify
deficiencies in existing processes/procedures, the need for new
ones, and the extent to which such processes/procedures are being
- Develops and implements corrective actions with regard to
department internal controls as necessary.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Bachelor's Degree required preferably in Business, Supply
Chain, Engineering or other related disciplines.
- MBA is desired but not essential.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in procurement, supply chain,
engineering or other commercial experience with at least 3 years at
- Track record of delivering substantial results in a complex
- Experience in developing and deploying regional strategies and
- Certification in procurement or supply management
- Experience in managing strategic relationships with external
- Excellent technical knowledge of good procurement practice
including negotiation, demand management, supplier qualification,
sourcing, bidding and contracting, supplier performance management
and risk management.
- Knowledge of SAP, Ariba and other procurement systems.
- Experience in heavy industrial environment, knowledge of
chemical manufacturing and major capital projects.
This position belongs to a team of 6-8 members within the
procurement department. You'll enjoy competitive compensation and a
comprehensive benefits package that includes health and wellness,
generous time off, 401k, pension, bonus, volunteer time off and
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF
Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the
application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Keywords: CF Industries, Jackson , Site Procurement and Material Control Manager, Other , Yazoo City, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!