Company: Hunter Engineering Company
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Come grow with us!
Hunter Engineering Company is a global leader in the development
and manufacture of automotive service equipment. Our computer-based
products set the standard in the industry! Due to rapid business
growth, we have an immediate opening for Production Superintendent
in our Durant, MS Metal Fabrication facility. The production
superintendent will oversee the area safety, production, materials,
and equipment to ensure efficiency is maintained and production
remains on schedule.
- Will support and strive towards safety in all facets of the
- Resolve safety problems that arise and complete required
paperwork, ensure shop equipment is tracked, maintained and
available as required.
- Supervision and direction of various employees including
supervisors, assemblers, shipping personnel, material handlers and
- Will maintain ability to prioritize projects and ensure they
remain on schedule.
- Conduct recurrent meetings with supervisors to ensure work is
properly assigned and deadlines are met.
- Ensure workforce is trained and allow for cross training to
ensure a versatile workforce.
- Direct area supervisors' departmental objectives, including
high standards in Quality, Safety, and Productivity.
- Actively participate in scheduling meetings with operations
partners to finalize priority of work orders, optimum downtime
windows, and necessary lead times.
- Effectively communicate with peers, subordinates, and
- Assist with recruitment and hiring of plant personnel.
- Support and implement management philosophy and vision.
- Contribute and make recommendations to control and reduce
departmental and overall costs.
- BS degree from accredited college highly desirable and/or AA
degree required and 5 years' experience managing workforce of
supervisors and hourly technicians.
- Minimum five years manufacturing experience in a leadership
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possesses high level of mechanical and metal working
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Has experience developing and coaching supervisors.
- Has led training initiatives.
- Has familiarity with ISO 9000 standards.
- Has experience with KPI tracking.
- Experience in project management, highly desirable.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, and continuous
improvement, highly desirable.
This position has supervisory responsibilities over 1st and 2nd
shift. Direct reports ~ 5 salary and ~ 80 hourly employees.
Keywords: Hunter Engineering Company, Jackson , Production Superintendent, Other , Durant, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!