Eaton's Fuel and Motion Control Systems division, a part of our
Aerospace group, is currently seeking a Senior Engineer - New
Product Development to join our team. Relocation is available for
candidates currently located within the United States.
The Senior New Product Development Engineer will perform
engineering assignments involving responsibility appropriate to
experience level, including design and design analysis of complex
products, analysis of engineering problems, the development of
engineering design documentation to support design concepts.
This is an experienced level position in a team devoted to
meeting customer demands by designing and certification testing
hydraulic components for specific applications on various
commercial and military aircraft. Products include electric motor
pumps, engine driven pumps, hydraulic motors, hydraulic heat
exchangers, and hydraulic reservoirs.
Engineers in the New Product Development group work directly
with engineering teams at top aircraft manufacturers such as
Boeing, Airbus, General Dynamics, Textron (Bell), United
Technologies, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Dassault, Blue
Origin, and Embraer along with many more around the world. Every
product is uniquely designed to meet customer specifications. We
customize our existing products for new applications and are
developing new ways to address changing market demands.
This video highlights some of the products we design and
manufacture for aircraft:
The Fuel and Motion Control Systems Division of Eaton's
Aerospace Group, has an opening for a Sr. Engineer in the New
Product Development department in Jackson, MS. Our facility has
approximately 500 employees and is a leader in the design,
development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic
components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM
markets. Our products provide power for aircraft flight controls,
landing gear, brakes, steering, thrust reverse, utilities, and
Eaton is a growing, diverse company with many locations in the
U.S. and around the globe. There is more information about Eaton at
the end of this posting and you can follow this link to learn more
about our vision and goals: http://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/company/about-us/vision-goals.html
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Perform a variety of design and engineering calculations
generally involving the application of advanced but standard
mathematical formulas and available tabled or charted data. May
derive formulas for the set up and solution of engineering
- Prepare test procedures and specifications in conjunction with
engineering assignment. Advise laboratory personnel relative to
equipment operation, test requirements and procedures, etc.
Evaluation of test results to determine the adequacy of equipment
design and/or determine if design modifications are needed.
- Provide necessary inputs to, monitor status of, and direct the
engineering service groups that are conducting tasks such as
drafting or analysis.
- Analyze and prepare designs for component or subassemblies,
standard products, or simple systems and develop criteria for
determining if design modifications are required.
- Drive cost reduction results through analysis and preparation
of engineering change proposals. Evaluate and establish root cause
and corrective actions for unit non-conformances and test failures.
Address problems/issues through root cause and corrective actions
- Prepare and review a variety of engineering drawings as
required to determine the functional adequacy and feasibility of
the design and/or design modifications. Prepare and/or guide design
layouts using CREO to check operational feasibility of requested
- Organize and prepare presentation material for review of design
and design changes with more experienced engineers, engineering
management, and other stakeholders. Prepare and submit various
reports related to assignment.
- Participate in and lead the preparation of engineering
proposals by compiling, preparing and providing technical
- Coordinate phases of small design projects at a technical level
compatible with this classification including recommending scope of
project, cost and schedule estimates, developing a design to meet
specifications, liaison with other concerned activities, etc.
- Prepare and conduct design reviews and design discussions
directly with the customer. More senior engineers would typically
be present in the most critical of these discussions, but to offer
only minimal guidance. the customer. More senior engineers would
typically be present in the most critical of these discussions, but
to offer only minimal guidance.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and
backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as
a company - are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from
an accredited university
- Minimum two (2) years of engineering design experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate
sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware
which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of
ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent
Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited
- Experience in machinery design
- Experience with CREO (or PRO Engineer preferred), 3D CAD
modeling and the creation of detailed drawings
- Knowledge of standard aerospace manufacturing processes and
ability to design for manufacturability
- Knowledge of typical DFSS tools and processes such as design of
experiments, statistical analysis, tolerancing, etc.
- Experience with project and schedule management
- Knowledge of aerospace component test methods and
- Ability to interpret aerospace technical requirement, knowledge
of industry standard requirements, and ability to flow system and
component requirements down to sub-components
- Attention to detail and ability to think critically
- Self-starter with ability to learn and apply new concepts
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sense of responsibility and ownership
- The selected applicant should be a fast-thinker and problem
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft and Microsoft Office
- Up to 10% travel required.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for
all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based
upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look-from the
technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical
services and infrastructure that we depend on every day-you'll find
one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is
dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with
power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient,
safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the
attributes that our employees embody. We're ethical, passionate,
accountable, efficient, transparent and we're committed to
learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest
challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America - US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton
facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within
hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time