Road Crew- Asphalt Paving Traffic Control/ Laborer - Greenville, MS
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job ID: 300879
APAC Mississippi, Inc., a CRH company, is a great place to work!
CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest
aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in
North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North
America and a leader in Canada. We have great employees that have
been with us many years - and hope that that track record of
longevity shows the pride we take in being one of the best places
to work in Mississippi! Come join our team - where you will receive
vacation, retirement and many other great benefits!
Paving and Construction Traffic Control/Laborer
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do
you want to work for a company that values safety above all else?
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large
corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is
the company for you! Apply for the Paving and Construction Laborer
today and jump start your career with the Oldcastle Materials
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team
environment with other co-workers and managers.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety
policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment
for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA
regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Report any problems to your manager.
- Assist construction / paving crew with various duties such as;
shoveling and raking and running wheelbarrow.
- Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate
alignment and movement of materials.
- Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations
for each specific project or job site.
- May be called upon to run small power tools such as jack
- Dig, spread and level construction materials.
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
- Assist in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs,
barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Work Requirements
The ideal candidate will:
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background
- Pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work" physical.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Be able to work overtime when required.
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist
co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated
operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or
- Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Previous related experience in construction field is
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North
America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the
hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid
to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas
family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified
structure, letting you work in a small company environment while
having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a
rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply
today! Please complete your online application and profile which
will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you
for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC Mississippi, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on
Date Posted: Jun 3, 2021
Keywords: CRH, Jackson , Road Crew- Asphalt Paving Traffic Control/ Laborer - Greenville, MS, Other , Greenville, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!