Company: Lincoln Residential Center
Posted on: June 13, 2021
An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender,
religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Full-time 1st shift
Responsible for assisting the Behavior Specialist in managing
inappropriate and maladaptive behaviors of residents and to ensure
that behavior programs referred by the Interdisciplinary Team are
implemented and monitored until the program criteria are met.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION OF POSITION:
- Ensure the accurate and timely, implementation, and completion
of Behavior Support Programs [PSP], Psychiatric Management Plans
[PMP] and submission of all related documentation.
- Ensure that Behavior Assessments are completed on assigned
clients and report the results as scheduled prior to
Interdisciplinary Team Meetings.
- Organize and manage behavior documentation books on all units,
keeping programs and data updated and current.
- Help monitor BSPs and PMPs and make modifications when
necessary in a timely manner.
- Assist in training staff to accurately complete and submit
- Assist in analyzing data from Behavior Reports to determine
behavioral status of residents.
- Participate in the facility's Behavior Review Committee, and
compile information for the meetings as directed by the Behavior
- Assist with preparing sleep and behavior data for the Medical
Review Committee and actively participate in the scheduled meetings
with the Psychiatrist.
- Assist with the training of staff on the BSPs and PMPs.
- Develops and maintains a good working rapport with
interdepartmental personnel, administration, the Interdisciplinary
Team and consultants.
- Keeps abreast of and ensures compliance with federal and state
regulations, in-house standards of practice as well as current
professional standards in behavior management, and makes
recommendations on changes in standards and practice guidelines to
- Participates in Quality Improvement [QI] projects as
- Seeks out and participates in continuing education programs
that will ensure knowledge skills and practices are current with
practices in the field.
- Provides in-service training for program staff related to
behavior management practices, philosophies and procedures.
- Assists in managing supplies and ensures they are available as
needed to appropriate staff.
- Will be required to go through certification to become a MANDT
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Performs clerical functions, such as completing necessary
forms, reports, etc., as requested by the Behavior Specialist.
- Assists with orientation of new staff in relation to the
behavioral management policies and procedures used in the
- Attends and participates in professional associations,
organizations, activities and programs.
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal
interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment
throughout the facility and treats everyone with dignity and
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS:
At a minimum, a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Social Work,
Human Services or related field from an accredited college or
university. Prefer one year's experience working with individuals
with intellectual disability and behavior management or related
Keywords: Lincoln Residential Center, Jackson , Behaviorist, Other , Brookhaven, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!