Posted on: June 12, 2021
Tellers are responsible for processing transactions, assisting
with customer inquiries and recognizing and referring sales
opportunities to other bank representatives and/or lines of
business when appropriate, while acting in compliance with bank
policies and procedures. This position must understand the
importance of accuracy and protocol in transactions within bank
policy while creating an exceptional customer experience and
mitigating risk for both the customer and the bank. Serves as the
first point of contact and therefore, demonstrates Renasant Banks
Sales and Service vision by providing excellent customer service
and accurate completion of transactions.
Senior Tellers carry additional operational and sales
performance goals and will often serve as the critical back-up to
the Head Teller. Senior Tellers will lead by example and serve as a
role model in the branch in all facets of the teller role.
An effective Teller is capable of driving a best in class branch
experience in 3 primary areas of responsibility: Service execution,
sales execution, and operational excellence.
- Process customer transactions effectively and efficiently,
including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payoffs and draws,
official checks, etc.
- Recognize/identify all customer needs, cues and clues in every
transaction and properly refer customers to the platform for an
additional needs based conversation
- Execute the Renasant Bank service standards in every customer
and teammate interaction
- Understand and listen for customer issues and concerns and
either own the problem or refer to a branch teammate who can help
address the concern
- Maintain service knowledge standards in conjunction with
related regulations, policies and procedures
- Execute daily operations including balancing, supplies
ordering, balancing the ATM and vault and perform branch capture
- Protect the bank from unnecessary risk by following compliance,
risk and operational procedures
- Stay up-to-date and focused on all regulations, policies and
procedures related to Teller and other branch operations
- Assist the Head Teller on additional operational procedures as
necessary, including quarterly branch assessments
- May assist with coaching and mentoring, and serving as a role
model in all areas of operations, for all teller teammates
- Other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year teller experience and/or previous cash handling
- 6 months of customer service experience preferred
- Ability to communicate with customers and identify
opportunities to help customers with their financial needs by
identifying cues and clues while processing their transaction
- 10-Key skills
- Mathematical skills, including the ability to count cash and
coin in a fast paced environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of and the ability to learn bank products and
- Ability to travel for training, other development
opportunities, and between branches, as needed.
For all Senior Tellers:
- Minimum of one year successful teller experience, and;
- Minimum of one year previous back-up Head Teller experience
The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand or sit; kneel, stoop, or squat; use
hands or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls;
reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift
and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and the ability to focus.
The Bank's professional working environment requires employees
to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Employees
must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills when working closely
with internal business partners and external clients. Employees may
be exposed to confidential and propriety information within the
working environment, therefore, must uphold confidentiality at all
times. Due to the possibility of being exposed to high risk
situations (i.e. robbery), detailed instructions and procedures are
required to be followed at all times to safeguard the Bank's
employees, customers, and assets.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities,
or requirements. The principal duties and responsibilities
enumerated are all essential job functions except for those that
begin with the word "May".
This job description is intended to describe the normal level of
work required by the person performing the work. The principle
duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties.
Other duties may be assigned as needs arise.
This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to
change. Any written contractual agreements supersede this job
description. All requirements may be modified to accommodate
physically or mentally challenged staff members reasonably.
Keywords: Renasant, Jackson , Teller, Other , Hazlehurst, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!