Murray's Cheese Clerk
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Company Name: Kroger Stores
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional
service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that
encourages our customers to return. Assist department manager in
achieving sales and profit goals established for the department;
monitor and control all established quality assurance standards.
Work closely with the Murray's team, as well as the Deli/Bakery
department to create an environment that is engaging to customers.
Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty,
integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome,
important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products
sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the
department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or
products they inquire about.
- Inform customers of Murray's Cheese specials.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered
and the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount
ordered) to prevent shrink.
- Measure, prepare and mix ingredients according to recipe using
a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment
- Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review "sell by"
dates and take appropriate action.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the
- Understand the store's layout and be able to locate products
when requested by customer.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions; note
any discrepancies in inventory.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained
and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures;
identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting
equipment; notify appropriate department or store manager of any
items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks or issues and illegal activity,
including robbery, theft or fraud, to store management.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this
position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Excellent knife skills
- Ability to obtain current food handlers permit once
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- High school education or GED
- Management experience
- Comparable retail experience
- Sous chef experience
- Culinary arts experience/background
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for
helping others and who want to build a relationship with our
Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your
future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be
more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the
Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many
opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing,
Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half
a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily
through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner
names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated
to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit. We are committed to
creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The
Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages,
flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: MS || Brandon || 1811 W Government St || 39042 ||
Kroger Stores || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations
|| Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
Keywords: Kroger, Jackson , Murray's Cheese Clerk, Other , Brandon, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!