Lead Plant Operator
Company: Tech Air
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Lead Plant Operator
Pay - $18-22/hr.
If you're looking for dry ice, you'll find it with Airgas. As
the largest supplier of dry ice, Airgas has established a series of
production plants across the nation to develop a secure source
supply. Distribution Branches are located in strategic locations
throughout the country to provide service to key industries
including universities and labs. Quality, reliability, and service
are the key drivers that enable Airgas to grow with organizations
who depend on dry ice and cold shipping supplies.
Airgas is seeking a Lead Plant Operator for one of our 7 Dry Ice
facilities. The Lead Plant Operator will lead other Plant Operators
in tasks such as production, packaging of dry ice, shipping
preparation, and loading/unloading products in commercial trucks.
In this full time position, our associates benefit from competitive
compensation with full benefits medical, dental, vision, and
What will I be doing?
- Team lead over the loading and packaging of dry ice on a daily
basis in accordance with quality standards.
- Coordinates with Assistant and Plant Manager to ensure that
shift production requirements are met.
- Assists in training and coaches junior operators or
- Provides input to Plant Manager for the purpose of evaluating
- Identifies and communicates safety hazards and quality
deficiencies to Plant Manager.
- Operates forklift and/or pallet jack on a daily basis to
maneuver and load dry ice boxes on production floor and
- Knows and complies with all safety and quality policies and
- Data entry of delivery ticket information on a daily basis into
the computer system.
- Clean-up functions as required including, but not limited to,
sweeping, washing, painting, trash removal and pick-up.
What experience and skills must I possess?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily, be certified to operate
a forklift, and available to work overtime and work
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
- Two to five (2-5) years experience in a production
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, commissions, proportions, and
- Self starter, able to effectively direct work teams to meet the
- Knowledgeable in operating plant equipment (block press, saws,
packaging, pelletizers, valves, etc).
- Good communication, both written and verbal.
- Proficient with data entry and manipulation of production
- Ability to operate a forklift safely and efficiently.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Work may require standing, stooping, crouching, or
- What is the work environment like?
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- 85% in production area (i.e. warm in summer, cool in winter).
Hazards require the use of personal protective equipment (i.e.
hardhat, safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety shoes). Dry
ice is extremely cold, and therefore requires that gloves be worn
when directly handling dry ice.
- 15% office work to provide data entry.
- On-call and shift work required.
Who is Airgas?
Airgas Inc., an Air Liquide company, is one of the country's
largest suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty gases. As
the leading U.S. distributor, Airgas has a focus on quality
products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that
makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working
in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill
plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution
centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for
you. As the largest supplier of dry ice, Airgas has established a
series of production plants across the nation to develop a secure
source supply. Distribution Branches are located in strategic
locations throughout the country to provide service to key
industries including universities and labs. Quality, reliability,
and service are the key drivers that enable Airgas to grow with
organizations who depend on dry ice and cold shipping supplies.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Keywords: Tech Air, Jackson , Lead Plant Operator, Other , Star, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!