Company: Department of Defense
Posted on: June 13, 2021
About the Position: This position is assigned to the Mat Sinking
Unit with the responsibility operating specially designed pneumatic
tying tool to fasten side sections of concrete mattress sections
NOTE: The duty location of this position will be wherever the
Mat Sinking Unit is located.
NOTE: This is a temporary position NTE 8 months.
NOTE: The position is being advertised externally under
announcement number MWGR211225668677D.
Learn more about this agency
- Use a specifically designed pneumatic tying tool to fasten side
sections of concrete mattress sections together.
- Operate a semi-automatic tying tool to accomplish your duties.
Judgment will be used in determining positioning of the tool prior
to inserting wire and activating the tool.
- Fasten end sections of concrete mattress together with end
twist wires,U-bolts, or saddles.
- Use hand tools such as a hand twist wrench and/or socket-type
- Clean deck of floating plant.
- Replenish hardware supplies such as wires, nuts and
- Prepare plant for tow by hauling winch cables to various deck
50% or less - You may be expected to travel at least 50% of the
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness
determination, as determined by a completed background
- Successfully complete and pass a pre-employment physical as
well as an annual physical.
- This position requires work in inclement weather
- This position requires heavy lifting in excess of 40
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment
authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You
will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet,
and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or
categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive
list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including
volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace
Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional;
philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social).
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including
There is no specific length of training or experience required.
However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown
in your written application materials that you possess the
sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform
the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the
work of a(n) REVETMENT WORKER without more than normal supervision.
Duties include: Operating small machines or equipment, cleaning
machine parts, equipment or tools, and judging proper positioning
of tools - Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in
an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal
Supervision Screen Out
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc.
(includes blueprint reading)
- Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
- Dexterity and Safety
- Work Practices (includes keeping things neat, clean and in
- Physical Efforts: Work frequently requires lifting, bending,
and moving objects weighing in excess of 40 lbs. Constantly
standing and walking is required
- Working Conditions: Works outside under all weather conditions,
subject to dust, continuous noise and extremes in heat or cold.
Requires continuous walking and frequent stooping and bending. Is
subject to hazards of falling overboard, breaking cables, and
working near moving cranes and equipment handling heavy loads. Is
required to frequently handle the tying tool and pneumatic line
that together with a supply of tying wires weigh in excess of 40
Keywords: Department of Defense, Jackson , Revetment Worker, Other , Vicksburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!