This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter
your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people
around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the
organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every
hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years,
we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and
inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives-
where your purpose accelerates our mission.
About Baxter's Cleveland, MS Facility:
Cleveland's technology and automation is cutting edge. It is the
U.S. sole source for plastic pour bottles, glass IV, and various
reconstitution devices. This facility produces a number of major
product lines with a diverse array of automated manufacturing
technologies ranging from bottle solution filling, injection
molding, tubing extrusion, and device assembly. Our Cleveland plant
has been an integral part of Baxter for over 60 years. The work is
challenging and rewarding, as Baxter offers competitive
compensation and benefits. Baxter encourages and values every
employee and believes that all can make a contribution to advancing
healthcare for patients; work to be proud of.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing complex maintenance, testing,
troubleshooting, calibration and repair on a variety of circuits,
components, analytical equipment and instruments for laboratory and
- Prepares technical reports, perform trending on equipment and
processes, and determines acceptability of product and processes
based on data analysis and specifications.
- This section contains a list of five to eight primary
responsibilities of this role that account for 5% or more of the
- The incumbent will perform other duties assigned. Assists with
outside audits for vendors in contract calibration
- Follows sequence of testing from calibration procedures for
instruments and equipment and ensures all tasks are performed in
compliance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- Creates and maintains equipment file for each piece
test/manufacturing equipment requiring calibration.
- Sets up standards and special purpose laboratory equipment to
test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test
- Applies complex formulas to solve problems in measurements and
- Assists engineers in evaluation plans and procedures, to
maintain precision accuracy of measuring, recording and indicating
instruments and equipment.
- Ensures all tasks are performed in compliance with applicable
Standard Operating Procedures. Investigates failures and determines
acceptability of product and processes.
- Performs documentation of investigation findings.
- Assists with development and implementation of technically
defensible calibration procedures.
- Follows procedures for performing steam sterilization studies
for sterilization vessels.
- Train fellow employees in the calibration department to allow
for cross training of responsibilities. Communicate with vendors
and send out purchase orders for items that are externally
- Serve as a technical resource on metrology issues.
- May assist in coordinating and scheduling the routine
preventative maintenance of the department and calibration
- Proficient understand of Metrology with an ability to deal with
moderately complex processes and procedures.
- This position requires Associate degree or equivalent from a
two-year college or technical school and 5 or more years of
- Must be able to demonstrate judgment and initiative in problem
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Must have good communication skills and detail oriented. A
basic understanding of instrument capabilities/limitations and
factors affecting their use is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status
or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a
medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application or interview process,
please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know
the nature of your request along with your contact information.