Job ID: 300742
APAC Mississippi, Inc, an Oldcastle company is a great place to
work! We have great employees that have been with us many years and
hope that that track record of longevity shows the pride we take in
being one of the best places to work in Mississippi! Come join our
team where you will receive vacation, retirement and many other
Paving and Construction Laborer
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do
you want to work for a company that values safety above all else?
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large
corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is
the company for you! Apply for the Paving and Construction Laborer
today and jump start your career with the Oldcastle Materials
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team
environment with other co-workers and managers.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety
policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment
for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA
regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Report any problems to your manager.
- Assist construction / paving crew with various duties such as;
shoveling and raking and running wheelbarrow.
- Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate
alignment and movement of materials.
- Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations
for each specific project or job site.
- May be called upon to run small power tools such as jack
- Dig, spread and level construction materials.
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
- Assist in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs,
barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background
- Pass a pre-employment Fit for Work physical.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Be able to work overtime when required.
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist
coworkers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated
operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or
- Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Previous related experience in construction field is
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas
largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of
family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large
sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family.
Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure,
letting you work in a small company environment while having the
career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Materials South Division is a part of Oldcastle
Materials, Inc., the third-largest aggregates and ready mixed
concrete producer, and the number one asphalt producer in the
United States. The South Division consists of three regions:
Appalachian Materials, Midsouth Materials & Preferred Materials.
Companies operate in the states of Alabama, Florida, Kentucky,
Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West
Virginia, with limited operations in Georgia and South
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If youre up for a rewarding
challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Please complete your online application and profile which will be
sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your
interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers onFacebook,Twitter,Instagram,Google+,Pinterest,WordPress
APAC Mississippi s an Affirmative
Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.