Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life,
free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of
healing, with viable care options available to those with limited
choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians,
pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat
chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We're looking for
team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while
making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the
Recognized as leader within division. Responsible for the
strategic planning for the department. Provides leadership in the
development of new ideas, products, processes and techniques.
Frequently manages an organization and a budget in excess of $50
million dollars. Directs through management team the completion of
complex projects or programs within boundaries of quality, time and
budget. Based on significant technical expertise, reviews and
approves complex design concepts of technical staff. Provides
technical direction to staff. Fosters an environment of creativity
and innovation in completing divisional and
cross-functional/business unit responsibilities.
- Provides strategic planning leadership by setting strategies
and priorities based upon anticipation and application of industry
trends and emerging technologies.
- Create and communicate global vision of the organizations
contribution to the business unit/division goals, insuring industry
- Maximize the effectiveness of internal and external resources
(business unit and cross-business unit) to meet business
- Direct the development and implementation of new
product/process requiring new technologies starting from Project
Proposal through Post-launch Quality Assessment.
- Using broad knowledge and experience in cross-functional
activities, coordinate and direct activities of teams and
individual contributors to ensure market dominance in appropriate
- Create and maintain an environment where team members
experience personal and professional growth and become a more
- Responsible for Final Approval on product/process
- Review and approves proposals to determine if benefits derived
and possible applications justify expenditures. Presents proposal
to senior management for consideration and allocation of funds.
Responsible for preparation of project cost estimates up to
multi-million dollar range. Directs all project expenditures and
- Provide strategic planning leadership to ensure adequate
resources are available to complete all business unit and division
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards,
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Must possess strong knowledge of engineering disciplines (e.g.
fluid flow, thermodynamics, heat transfer, static's and dynamics,
engineering materials) and solid knowledge of related
- Ability to establish long-range business plans which anticipate
global trends, technical, economic and socio-political
- Demonstrate understanding of business drivers, customer needs
and global dynamics to create viable strategic plans.
- Proven track record of management/leadership
- Must possess strong ability to negotiate and maximize
effectiveness of resources and influence others internally and
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions
and read and comprehend written work instructions including words
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills
adequate to communicate with other team members.
Required Education and Experience
- BS in relevant engineering discipline, with advanced technical
degree or equivalent experience.
- 12 or more years of relevant technical experience.
- Several years of technical management experience including
cross-functional teams, resource and budget management and
strategic development experience
Other Duties as Assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice. Overtime is worked as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status
or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a
medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application or interview process,
please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know
the nature of your request along with your contact information.