Senior Project/ Process Engineer
Company: CF Industries
Location: Yazoo City
Posted on: May 5, 2021
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into
nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen
we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the
crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions
from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class
manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we
serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a
part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every
AH24D Engineering, Exempt
Engineering and Engineering Services
This position is accountable for project engineering management on
in-house projects, troubleshooting potential mechanical problems
and recommending mechanical improvements to increase and maximize
plant efficiency. As a Senior Project Engineer, the incumbent will
lead all elements of project execution for projects with budgets up
- Actively supports and participates in all Environment, Health
and Safety initiatives and activities including Management of
- Engineer and prepare mechanical equipment specifications
relative to plant modifications and repairs.
- Lead and perform project management responsibilities on
in-house engineering projects including design, procurement,
scheduling, and technical and field execution of project
- Inspect fabricated equipment at the vendor's location relative
to pre-determined specifications and monitor said vendors progress
to ensure compliance with schedule.
- Monitor Engineering and Construction contractors to ensure that
all plant replacements, modifications and additions are performed
in strict conformity with design specifications and applicable code
- Maintain satisfactory communications and relations with
contractors and governmental agencies related to projects.
- Assist in the area of contract negotiations relative to project
- Actively participate in the Turnaround planning and execution
- Prepare reports and maintain necessary departmental files.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Proficient in basic computer software such as Excel, Word,
Microsoft Outlook and Power Point.
- Specific knowledge and ten plus years' experience relative to
product process and design, plant operations and governmental
engineering codes and regulations relative to the petrochemical
industry. Demonstrated skills in engineering project management
including contract negotiations and ability to communicate and
coordinate activities affectively.
- Experienced in project management and implementation. Project
Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset but not
- Professional Engineer designation is preferred, but not
- Willingness to work overtime including nights or weekends will
be required sporadically (ie. Turnarounds, project execution)
- Strong communication skills including the ability to compose
written documents, and interact effectively with peers and
- Must be able to acquire Transportation Worker Identification
Credentials (TWIC). The ability to prove drug and alcohol free at
random or for cause.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by
viewing the federal and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF
Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the
application process, please call 847-###-#### or contact us at
Associated topics: brakes, catia, chassis, mechanism, motor, msme,
naval, powertrain, proe, rotordynamic
Keywords: CF Industries, Jackson , Senior Project/ Process Engineer, Other , Yazoo City, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!