Public Affairs Specialist
Company: TI Verbatim Consulting (TIVC)
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Position Title: Public Affairs Specialist
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Stennis Space Center, MS
Work Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
As a veteran, Hispanic, woman-owned business, TI Verbatim
Consulting (TIVC) implements lasting workplace human capital and
business support solutions. We also improve the workplace using
culture assessment to inform leadership and ignite culture
optimization. We bridge language divides through culturally
accurate translation and interpretation. At TIVC, our goal is to
treat our customers as valued partners, deliver excellent service,
and "Help People Work Better Together."
We are currently seeking a Public Affairs Specialist to support a
contract in a Government agency at the Stennis Space Center. In
this role, the employee will be responsible for external
communications and coordinating the synchronization of strategic
communication with respect to command initiatives.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Tasks:
Required General Tasks:
- Research, coordinate, write and disseminate accurate, timely
written content such as articles, fact sheets, and speeches for
print, video and on-line formats on command programs, objectives
and functions designed to reach commercial and industry audiences
through the news media.
- Develop products in support of external communication
initiatives, including pitch letters, news releases and social
- Respond to media queries in collaboration with subject-matter
- Coordinate and organize command and subordinate commands
participation and multimedia displays (both virtual and physical)
for multiple Navy and Fleet Weeks, conferences, and naval exercises
at different locations throughout the year.
- Complete special projects as tasked by the Public Affairs
Officer as needed.
- Offer insightful counsel to leaders on potential media and
public implications of programs or events.
- Prepare subject-matter experts and officials for interviews by
researching and developing key messages and conducting
- Coordinate with appropriate subject matter experts on strategic
communications that include chronological frameworks identifying
tools, tactics, audiences, key messages and timelines.
- Support the implementation of strategic communications into
- Distribute public affairs products in response to events,
media, and community relations.
- Support and participate in the organization's Continual
Improvement Program to conform to ISO 9001:2015 requirements by
complying with the Quality Policy and procedures and meeting QMS
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Strong research and editing skills.
- 5+ years of operational experience in public relations/media
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, or another
related field required.
- Reasonable accommodations are made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Sitting, bending, standing, walking, 8 hours per day.
- Able to lift 20 lbs.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Veterans
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: TI Verbatim Consulting (TIVC), Jackson , Public Affairs Specialist, Other , Camden, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!