PEO-Y Lean Six Sigma Support Lead
Company: Consolidated Nuclear Security
Location: Oak Ridge
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Career Opportunities: PEO-Y Lean Six Sigma Support Lead (2658)
Management----- Level of Experience (1) -----Travel - 30% or
less----- Job Location Options (1) Location: Oak Ridge,
Job Title: PEO-Y Lean Six Sigma Support Lead --
Career Level From: Specialist
Career Level To: Senior Specialist --
Organization: Six Sigma (50260330)
Job Specialty: Continuous Improvement -- What You'll Do The Y-12
Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Support Lead is responsible for the successful
awareness, desire, knowledge, ability, and reinforcement of
Continuous Improvement Program (CIP) elements. The CIP provides the
framework to drive an enduring, self-sustaining culture where all
members of the workforce are fully engaged and empowered to
continually solve problems & improve work processes. This
continuous improvement culture drives excellence in organizational
performance. To that end, the LSS Support Lead will equip the
workforce through training, support, and providing visibility of
the results. Duties include:
- Providing steady reinforcement and momentum building through
producing continuous improvement features (newsletters, articles,
videos, presentations) with success stories, hosting lunch and
learns, promoting and hosting management 'Go and See' visits within
- Recognizing and rewarding outstanding continuous improvement
- Planning and hosting continuous improvement benchmarking trips
to help employees experience current industry best practices,
identify improvement opportunities, encourage dialogue and
continuous learning, and spark new ideas.
- Supporting Continuous Improvement Essentials (CIE) training for
all employees, as well as specialized Lean Six Sigma training to
equip the workforce with lean and teamwork tools and skills.
- Measuring and Monitoring continuous improvements through
metrics and goals associated with the Continuous Improvement
Project Repository (CIPitory) through the use of Continuous
Improvement Leads (CI Leads) in each organization.
- Providing continuous improvement facilitation for process
- Supporting deployment and sustainment of Value Stream Element
Teams (VSETs) and Tiered Escalation in support and production
facilities. What You Can Expect
- Meaningful work and unique opportunities to support missions
vital to national and global security.
- Top-notch, dedicated colleagues.
- Generous pay and benefits with a stable organization.
- Career advancement and professional development programs.
- Work-life balance fostered through flexible work options and
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum 5 years of relevant experience,
OR a Master's degree a minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- Thirteen or more years of relevant education, training, and/or
progressive experience may be considered to satisfy educational and
years-of-experience requirements for this posting.
- Must have knowledge of and demonstrated experience using
continuous improvement concepts and tools. (Candidate must include
example(s) of their past and/or ongoing continuous improvement
efforts in their application).
- Must have demonstrated success in coordinating events,
projects, and/or actions of team members at varying levels in the
organization. Preferred Job Requirements
- Must have strong computer skills (specifically: Microsoft Word,
Excel, & PowerPoint) and have ability to learn/utilize relevant
- Must have strong analytical skills, with the ability to
prioritize multiple tasks and make data informed recommendations
- Must possess self-motivation, with the ability to work
autonomously based on high level instructions from management.
- Must have a collaborative work style with high interpersonal
skills, with the ability to work with, and effectively communicate
with peers, senior leaders, and team members at all levels in the
- Must have strong attention to detail, solid organizational
skills, and follow through across a broad band of activities and
- Must have a strong commitment to completed staff work. Notes
The minimum education and experience for the lowest career level in
the job posting range are listed under Minimum Job Requirements.
Successful candidates hired into a higher career level than the
minimum in the range must meet the requirements listed in the job
leveling charts for the career level into which they are being
hired. If a range of Career Levels is posted, i.e., Senior
Associate to Senior Specialist, internal applicants already in one
of the Career Levels would come across at their current Career
Level. Internal applicants currently in a lower level Career Level
would move to the lowest posted Career Level, and internal
applicants in higher Career Levels may be considered, on an
exception basis, to come across laterally based on the applicant's
education and experience, and the scope of work being performed in
the role. Requires a Q clearance; however all qualified candidates
will be considered regardless of their current clearance status.
The ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy Q
clearance is required. Position may require entry into Materials
Access Areas (MAA) and participation in the Human Reliability
Program (HRP). If HRP is required, candidate must complete a
counterintelligence-scope polygraph, pursuant to 10CFR 709. Medical
requirements may apply. CNS is a drug-free workplace. Candidates
accepting a job offer will be required to pass a pre-placement
physical, drug screening and background investigation. As an
employee, you may be required to receive and maintain a security
clearance from the United States Department of Energy in order to
meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information
or matter. U.S. citizenship is a requirement for security clearance
applicants. All employees are subject to being randomly selected
for drug testing without advance notification. CNS is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national
origin, ancestry, genetic information, disability or veteran
Keywords: Consolidated Nuclear Security, Jackson , PEO-Y Lean Six Sigma Support Lead, Other , Oak Ridge, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!