Front-End Developer - REMOTE
Company: Ryder System
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Current Employees:If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a
Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please
click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to
log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.
To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet,
please review this quick reference guide
clicking HERE. (https://ryder.com/job-applicant-privacy-policy)You
are the driving force behind our company.Start your career with
Ryder today!Ryder is seeking an experienced Front-end developer to
join an Agile team to build Ryders websites from the ground up on a
new Optimizely CMS platform that is hosted in Azure. This is an
exciting opportunity to build sites from the ground up where you
will have a direct impact on the future of our digital footprint.
The front-end developer will work in a team environment that
supports internal/external websites and applications leveraging
React JS, HTML, CSS, and C#, in a .Net tech stack. The Front-end
developer will support all phases of the Agile software development
lifecycle; including but not limited to gathering and analyzing
user requirements, developing and testing code, responding to
outages, and creating application system models.*Remote - Work from
- Design and develop user interfaces for websites and
applications that are responsive and scalable.
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future
use while optimizing components for maximum performance across a
vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
- Work in an Agile software development team and have full
understanding of Unit testing, QA, and DevOps practices, and can
work closely with other teams to optimize your code.
- Test the application using various testing strategies like Unit
Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, and Smoke Testing to
ensure everything works before handing off build to the QA Team.
Support defect resolution from user and QA testing.ADDITIONAL
- Participate in all aspects of the stakeholder-facing activities
and processes, including: client engagement, project proposal,
requirements gathering or analysis, schedule development, UI
design, release planning, user acceptance testing, user training,
documentation, and support.
- Demonstrated understanding of UX and UI design with an emphasis
on maximizing usability.
- Work with Product Owner to groom backlogs and provide
- Follow best practices and coding standards to ensure the best
system performance regardless of the browser or device.
- Performs other duties as
assigned.QUALIFICATIONSEducationBachelor's degree - Bachelors in
Computer Engineering or related field PreferredMaster's degree -
Master of Science, Computer Science or related field
PreferredExperienceThree (3) years or more Transportation
Management and/or Distribution Management Technology -
preferredSeven (7) years or more Software DevelopmentSkills and
- Software development experience in building scalable,
HTML, CSS, Less/Sass
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles and
workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Experience consuming modern APIs
- Experience with Azure DevOps and applications hosted in Azure
PaaS and/or modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to document and maintain technical specifications
- Possess a high degree of initiativeJob Category: Application
Development, Delivery & SupportRyder is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other
things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Job
Keywords: Ryder System, Jackson , Front-End Developer - REMOTE, IT / Software / Systems , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!