Airport Shop Team Leader - Jackson, MS
Company: Hudson Group
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Located in Jackson, MSWE OFFER A $300 HIRING BONUS FOR JOINING
OUR TEAM!Grow With Us!Hudson is North America's leading travel
retailer. For over 30 years, Hudson has met the needs and wants of
travelers in more than 1,000 duty-free, duty-paid, and food &
beverage stores. We couldn't serve our customers, landlords, and
partners in airports, commuter terminals, hotels, and casinos
without the continued support of our greatest assets: our team
members. We're dedicated to hiring and training exceptional team
members, who are committed to serving the customer as the
Traveler's Best Friend. We strive to ensure we're fulfilling our
team members' career potentials through training,
skills-development, and career pathways - as our team members grow
and succeed both personally and professionally, so does Hudson.What
We Will Offer You:
- A seasonal rate of pay of $15.00 per hour
- A 20% off Hudson Employee Discount
- A 50% off Hudson Food & Beverage Discount
- A $300 hiring bonus for joining our team!This Supervisor Job Is
For You, If You Would Enjoy:
- Ensure that all store daily operating procedures are performed
on a timely basis as required
- Promoting a corporate image of excellence through a strong work
- Leadership by example
- Providing the consistent delivery of excellent customer service
and store visual presentation
- Maximizes sales through the development and supervision of
- Working at the Jackson - Medgar Wiley Evers International
AirportYour Team is counting on you as a Supervisor to:
- Provide flexibility to work any shift, early morning or closing
hour, any day of the week, including weekends & holidays
- Work a full-time scheduleSupervisor Key Duties:
- Conducts store opening/closing/ shift change procedures.
- Provides staff training.
- Performs all cash register preparation, float verifications,
spot checks, verification of end-of-shift cash reconciliation's,
void processing and deposits.
- Ensures that money is secured at all times and cash in excess
of $500 is removed from the register for safekeeping.
- Ensures that daily counts on cigarettes, phone cards,
newspapers, and other items as required are conducted consistently
and that any discrepancies are reported immediately to the
- Ensures that staff report to work on time, dressed in clean
full uniform, including nametags.
- Ensures all sales associates are aware of daily sales
- Ensures customers are greeted promptly and served by
knowledgeable, well-trained associates.
- Demonstrates effective management of customer queuing
- Ensure telephones are answered in a consistent business-like
manner and are used only for business-related purposes.
- Ensures that all staff tardiness and absences are reported to
- Ensures that sales associates are assigned daily duties and
never congregate in the vicinity of the cash desk.
- Ensures that staff is aware of procedural changes and/or other
- Ensures that staff are offering an up-sell/add-on sale to each
- Has an in depth knowledge of products sold and ensures
replenishment and proper rotation of stock on the sales floor.
- Ensures all damaged goods are returned to the warehouse
- Ensures that housekeeping standards are maintained (i.e.
dusting, folding, replacement of burnt light bulbs, sweeping,
- Maintains an ever-vigilant theft and shoplifting awareness and
enforces cash register and other policies controlling internal
- Consults and helps plan daily activities with General
Manager/Operations Manager and other Supervisors; manages the
activities of staff.
- Provides supervision and support to store staff.
- Works with on-site jobbers and sales representatives.
- Leadership qualities, interactive, and approachable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment Time-management
skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Good problem-solving skills.Preferred Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One or more years of retail supervisory experienceSome of our
company-offered benefits for you and your family include:
- Health & Well Being: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Various Personal and Parental Leave Programs
- Universal Life Insurance
- Retirement Programs & Matching Employee Contributions: 401K &
- Employee Recognition & Anniversary Programs
- Training, Development, and Growth Opportunities
- Tuition Assistance & Scholarship ProgramsHudson is an Equal
Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals. All employment
decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability,
military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other
status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We are
committed to creating an inclusive workplace in which we value
diversity and unique experiences, backgrounds and identities.All
offers are contingent upon successful completion and passing of
background checks and/or employment verification results.Note to
staffing agencies: Please do not contact Hudson (including the
recruitment team or any hiring managers) regarding this position
with candidates. If assistance is needed in filling any position
for Hudson, a member of our recruiting team will reach out
Keywords: Hudson Group, Jackson , Airport Shop Team Leader - Jackson, MS, Hospitality & Tourism , Mendenhall, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!