Company: St. John's Medical Center
Posted on: February 12, 2019
FT Hospital Employed Physician, Outpatient Clinic Practice JOB SUMMARY Diagnose, treat, and help prevent diseases and disorders of the nervous system. Interview patients to obtain information such as complaints, symptoms, medical histories, and family histories. Examine patients to obtain information about functional status of areas such as vision, physical strength, coordination, reflexes, sensations, language skills, cognitive abilities, and mental status. Perform or interpret the outcomes of procedures or diagnostic tests such as lumbar punctures, electroencephalography, electromyography, and nerve conduction velocity tests. Order or interpret results of laboratory analyses of patients' blood or cerebrospinal fluid. Diagnose neurological conditions based on interpretation of examination findings, histories, or test results. JOB REQUIREMENTS Minimum Education and Experience Required: Graduate from an accredited School of Medicine with a M.D. or D.O. degree. Minimum of two years' experience. Preferred: Demonstrated leadership, teaching, evaluation and communication skills. Ability to motivate others at all professional and administrative level. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common journals, reports, and documents. Effective presentation skills. Required Licenses Valid State of Wyoming Medical License. Certification from American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Possess SJMC Privileges. Valid DEA and Wyoming State Board of Pharmacy certificate. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide quality, comprehensive health care within defined scope of practice
- Identify and treat major neurological system diseases and disorders such as central nervous system infection, cranio spinal trauma, dementia, and stroke. Diagnose neurological conditions based on interpretation of examination findings, histories, or test results. Prescribe or administer medications, such as anti-epileptic drugs, and monitor patients for behavioral and cognitive side effects. Prepare, maintain, or review records that include patients' histories, neurological examination findings, treatment plans, or outcomes. Develop treatment plans based on diagnoses and on evaluation of factors such as age and general health, or procedural risks and costs.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information
- Collect, record, and maintain accurate patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results. Preserve patient and co-worker confidentiality and privacy. Maintain integrity of patient medical record.
- Perform duties with compassion and a focus on safety
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients. Adhere to a high degree to customer service. Treat all patients, staff, and providers with courtesy, dignity, respect, and professionalism. Foster a culture of patient safety within the clinic.
- Collaborate with other providers
- Work with patient's PCP to coordinate care. Provide consulting services to other doctors caring for patients with neurological problems. Advise surgeon of a patient's risk status and recommend appropriate intervention to minimize risk.
- Participate in department meetings, Medical Staff meetings, Medical Group meetings, and other physician leadership duties as assigned. Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff. Adhere to Medical Staff Bylaws the SJMC Code of Conduct and policies.
Keywords: St. John's Medical Center, Jackson , Neurologist, Healthcare , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!