Clinical Quality Analyst
Company: St. John's Medical Center
Posted on: January 14, 2019
JOB SUMMARY An exempt position responsible for working in partnership with the Quality, Patient Financial Services, and Information Technology teams to be the driving force in quality improvement and operational efficiency for the SJMC Medical Group. Leads the collection and analysis of data in order to develop clinical process improvement initiatives through the use of EMR and other available tools. Provides clear and actionable metrics for improvement. Involved in leading all aspects of continuous operational improvement from analysis through design, testing, determining deliverables, and roll-out. Acts as EMR expert for clinic providers and staff; utilizes knowledge to achieve desired quality outcomes. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Data Collection --- Collects and analyzes data for SJMC Physician Services in order to develop clinical process improvement initiatives.
- Utilizes QPP, MIPS, HEDIS, and other dashboards to identify areas where additional focus is needed, thus ensuring organization meets government mandated quality and billing initiatives.
- Creates dynamic, powerful, and user-friendly tools in Excel that are capable of automatically retrieving and culling data from multiple sources and generating actionable information.
- Maintains and ensures data accuracy, integrity, and completeness for quality data measurement and tracking. File and organize quality resource information for efficient reference. Data Reporting & Strategy Development --- Identifies and reports trends identified through data monitoring and develops actions to improve. Communicates data-driven & measurable improvement initiatives
- Analyzes and process maps quality-related clinical actions to identify redundancies, eliminate inefficiencies, and simplify and standardize transactions. Defines, refines, and creates tracking for quality and revenue KPIs.
- Develop and build understanding of organization and community interoperability needs, particularly through delivery system reform efforts that change the way the Centers for Medicare & Medicare Services pay for care to reward quality over quantity of services.
- Communicates effectively with team members, key stakeholders, and department managers to ensure accurate information is shared regularly without compromising patient confidentiality. Highlights progress as well as areas of focus. Project Oversight & Leadership --- Manages and coordinates quality improvement projects in collaboration with with Physician Services and SJMC leadership and staff.
- Owns and manages multiple projects simultaneously. Prioritizes areas of need, designs processes and tools to re-engineer outcomes, tests and refines theories, creates consensus and compromise with multi-departmental stakeholders, and changes control implementation to ensure successful adoption.
- Provides quality and process improvement expertise and facilitate development of standardized approaches to creating performance improvement plans, defining appropriate tools, methodologies and metrics, analyzing and interpreting data, managing change and facilitating improvement teams. Educate and assess staff's ability to effectively use EMR to improve patient care --- Works in conjunction with the SJMC Nursing informatics team, Patient Scheduling Coordinator Supervisor, and Clinic Managers to identify, define, manage, educate, and communicate data, information, knowledge, and wisdom in nursing practice with regards to EMR and other technology use in the clinics.
- Supports clinic providers and staff in their decision-making in all roles and settings to achieve desired quality outcomes.
- Ensures SJMC is educated, ready, and a community resource for current and future government quality and billing initiatives. JOB REQUIREMENTS Minimum Education Preferred: BSN Minimum Work Experience Required: 2-4 years' experience in an operation, project management or continuous improvement consulting role. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel. Working familiarity with Lean, Six Sigma, or PMBOK. Exceptional presentation skills. Highly organized, detail-oriented and deadline drive Preferred: 2-4 years' experience in clinics Required Licenses: RN or other clinical degree FUNCTIONAL DEMANDS Working Conditions Office setting. Occasional contact with patients Physical Requirements Mostly sedentary job. Considerable walking to consult with coworkers and staff. High level of stress related to multiple clinical and administrative responsibilities. Reports to: Director of Physician Services Direct Reports: NA
Keywords: St. John's Medical Center, Jackson , Clinical Quality Analyst, Healthcare , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!