Physician - Hematologist-Oncologist
Company: Department of Veterans Affairs
Posted on: September 17, 2023
We are a Joint Commission accredited facility serving Veterans
in Mississippi and parts of Louisiana. Located in Jackson,
Mississippi, steeped in southern culture, Jackson is home to a
multitude of world-class painters, sculptors, dancers, actors,
architects, photographers, filmmakers, musicians, and artisans of
many disciplines. The city pulses with music from classical to
inspirational, home-grown gospel, blues, jazz, rock 'n' roll,
R&B and more that can be found all around town. Beautifully
changing seasons offer numerous fall and holiday events rich with
tradition, surprising spring flings for shaking off winter's chill,
and laid back summer celebrations that detour off the fast
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Care of patient with Medical Oncology and Hematology illnesses
to include inpatient and outpatient consults, outpatient clinics,
prescribing chemotherapeutic agents, etc.
- Participation in multidisciplinary tumor boards and other
- Involvement in Oncology/Hematology initiatives.
- Involvement in Process Improvement as it relates to
Oncology/Hematology or in general.
- Medical Teaching.
- Other duties as assigned by the Section Chief,
Oncology/Hematology or the ACOS, Specialty Care.
- Board eligible or board certified in Medical
- Interest in academic endeavors such as medical teaching,
process improvement, and/or research.
- Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular
- Paid Time Off: 50-55 days of paid time off per year (26 days of
annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 11 paid Federal holidays per
year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME).
- Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and
federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA.
- Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term
care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into
- CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement (must be full-time
with board certification).
- Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage
- Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant
restriction on moonlighting.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 - 4:30 with off tour call.
Keywords: Department of Veterans Affairs, Jackson , Physician - Hematologist-Oncologist, Healthcare , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!