Pathology opportunity in Mississippi
Company: Necnic Group
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Pathology-Blood Banking/Transfusion opening in Jackson,
Mississippi. This and other physician jobs brought to you by
Immediate opening for a part time, Contract Physician acting as the
Center Medical Director / CLIA Lab Director!
Seeking a Part time Contract Physician who will be responsible for
ensuring donor suitability, product integrity, and the continued
good health of donors through compliance with FDA regulations and
our Donor Center SOP. You will not be seeing patients in this role,
you will primarily be quality checking work and information and
signing off on that. We do provide on-the-job training. The
position requires just 4 hours per week and it is a perfect
opportunity to earn additional income.
The center will be open limited hours in the beginning as it builds
a donor base. Likely the hours will be 8am-5pm M-F. Eventually, the
center should be open extended hours 7 days a week.
Because this is a new location, we will begin the contract by
paying you your monthly stipend. As we get closer to the opening of
the center, we will contact you to begin working 4 hours per week.
You'll receive the hourly rate for hours worked at this point.
Oversee EMT/LPN/RN (Physician Substitute) performing the following
1. Determine plasma donor suitability based on company Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs). This includes:
1. Review of medical health histories
2. Physical assessment
3. Review of plasmapheresis procedure, hazards, potential adverse
reactions, and specific immunization programs if applicable
4. Providing informed consent
5. Counseling of donors regarding deferrals
6. Documentation of interactions with donors
2. Review of donor treatment and suitability following adverse
events related to plasmapheresis.
3. Provide training for donor center medical personnel including,
Physician Substitutes and other Physician(s).
4. Review lab results, as required, and exercise independent
judgment to determine donor's future suitability.
5. Perform CLIA Lab Director responsibilities for Moderate
The positions require just 4 hours per week and are a perfect
opportunity to earn additional income.
• Must be a graduate from a licensed medical or osteopathic
• Specialty in Pathology is highly preferred
• Must be currently licensed in the state in which the center
• Must be available for phone calls during the hours that the
center is open. (Typically limited to 3 calls per week or
• Must be CLIA certified for moderate complexity testing or be
willing to complete the required coursework for such certification
(estimated 20 hour course) within 6 weeks.
• Must be approved by the state licensing agency as the CLIA
Medical Director for the donor center
Our ideal candidate is one with a somewhat flexible schedule to
visit our donor center every week (4 hours a week). This can be
completed in one visit per week or multiple visits if they prefer
to break it up.... but they must come at least once a week.
Candidates will be detail oriented as they must review donor
records. They will be professional and amicable as they will be
working directly with our nurses/EMTs. Ideally, they will be
available by phone during the hours the donor center is open in
case the nurses/EMTs have questions (we try to limit phone calls as
much as possible).
Distance to our donor center is very important. We seek physicians
who live or work within 40 miles of the donor center.
Ideal candidates will have little to no actions under their
license. Candidate should be asked to disclose any actions or
malpractice suits on their license to be included with their
Keyphrases: pathology jobs, pathologist jobs, transfusion jobs,
blood transfusion jobs
Keywords: Necnic Group, Jackson , Pathology opportunity in Mississippi, Healthcare , Jackson, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!