Behavioral Counselor - Family Therapist
Company: The Center for Children and Families
Posted on: January 23, 2023
"Our therapist didn't just see us as a case, she got to know us as
"Our therapist showed us a better way to communicate."
"Our therapist helped me understand the trauma my daughter had been
"Our therapist took every word, thought, or idea into
consideration. He was a true blessing in our time of need."
These are the voices of families whose lives have been changed by a
family therapist from The Center for Children & Families. We are
committed to show up, see value, and offer hope to families in
need. If you're a therapist or counselor who wants to offer hope
and make a difference for families, there is a place for you on our
Behavioral Counselor - Family Therapist - Clinton, MS
The Center for Children & Families is currently hiring Family
Therapists in our Clinton, MS location, servicing the Central/West
Central Mississippi region. The positions are in our General
Outpatient program. Applicants must hold a Master's degree in
Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy. These positions require
an LPC or P-LPC license.
This is a full-time independent contractor position with
competitive pay rates.
Our mission is to promote safe, healthy environments for children
and families through advocacy, counseling, education, and
prevention. The Center for Children and Families has developed and
implemented innovative treatment programs that specifically target
fractured family relationships.
The Center for Children and Families creates a unique work
environment dedicated to caring for and growing every person to
their professional and personal best. This is done through weekly
Huddle meetings, small group discussions, a spirit of fun and play,
and professional trainings and retreats.
Applicants should also become familiar with our organization by
visiting our website at www.standforhope.org.
Responsibilities and Duties :
- Services are delivered in the home environment to ensure that
the family therapist is able to fully participate in activating
resources and relationships available to families.
- This is an in-person position. Telehealth is used in a limited
capacity only when it best suits the client due to medical
- Complete applicable online training for evidence-based
- Complete all necessary paperwork for the appropriate Medicaid
- Evaluate client needs and create a custom treatment
- Help individuals with the resources needed to reach personal
- Our ultimate goal is to empower families to build an
environment that promotes family stability through a process of
utilization and creativity that incorporates indigenous family and
Qualifications and Skills:
- A master's degree in Counseling, Marriage and Family
- Qualified applicants must be licensed or provisionally licensed
as a PLPC, LPC, PLMFT, or LMFT.
- Ability to leverage internal and external resources as part of
a client treatment plan
- Ability to empathize with clients
- Excellent communication skills
Keywords: The Center for Children and Families, Jackson , Behavioral Counselor - Family Therapist, Healthcare , Clinton, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!